Today’s news:

Veteran dies from carbon monoxide poisoning

ROSEDALE — An elderly man was found dead and another person was hospitalized following a carbon monoxide poisoning that affected their Rosedale home Monday morning, firefighters said.

The FDNY responded to the home on 148th Drive and 203rd Street around 10 a.m. and found the unidentified victims in their home, according to neighbors. A man died inside from carbon monoxide poisoning and another person was treated at an undisclosed hospital for minor injuries, the Fire Department said.

Investigators had not determined how the two-family home was filled with the gas as of press time Tuesday. Neighbors said the victim, who they identified as Max, was a retired veteran who lived on the block for more than 30 years with his wife.

A person who neighbors said was the victim’s son came by to the house as firefighters aired out the gas but did not wish to speak about the incident.

Pin It
Print this story Permalink

Reader Feedback

Enter your comment below

By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:

You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.

CNG: Community Newspaper Group