|Print this story|
KEW GARDENS — Mets pitcher Francisco Rodriguez was back in court Tuesday, this time for allegedly contacting his common-law wife while she was under an order of protection, prosecutors told the New York Post.
The embattled star allegedly sent Daian Pena, 56, text messages after being ordered not to contact her, Assistant Queens District Attorney Scott Kessler said in a hearing at Queens Criminal Court Tuesday morning, adding that he intends to bring additional charges at an Oct. 7 court hearing, the Post reported.
The texts Rodriguez — known as “K-Rod” — allegedly sent were not threatening, according to the Post, including sentiments such as, “I’ve already lost my wife, my house, my children,” “The one thing I understand I made a mistake, the biggest of my life but I love you” and “Your parents are manipulating you like a marionette. You are your own woman.”
Rodriguez pleaded guilty last month to assault and harassment charges for allegedly beating up and injuring his father-in-law, Carlos Pena, Aug. 11 at Citi Field.
©2010 Community Newspaper Group
|Print this story|
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.