20-year-old dead after S. Richmond Hill shooting

Members of the Crime Scene Unit investigate the scene of the shooting on 132nd Street Sunday morning. Photo by Christina Santucci

A 20-year-old South Richmond Hill man was shot and killed outside a party several blocks from his home early Sunday morning, police said.

At about 4:45 a.m. Sunday, police responded to 109-34 132nd St. and found Frank Keith with a gunshot wound to the torso, according to the NYPD.

An ambulance rushed Keith to New York Hospital of Queens, where he was pronounced dead, police said.

Neighbors, who all declined to be named because they did not want to be identified as giving information about the shooting, said weekend house parties are the norm at the residence where police responded.

One man said he heard a large group of young people outside on the street, several houses away from the where the party took place, and young men yelling “Get him” before a gunshot rang out.

Several residents were walking the sidewalks around 9 a.m. in the crisp, cold morning as police investigators knocked on doors along the residential street.

One man said the parties rarely turned violent, and that he was shocked that somebody was shot.

But three women who congregated in a driveway said the neighborhood has been getting worse since the recession.

They said a nearby store was held up recently and a woman and an elderly couple were robbed.

“We used to have our front doors open in the summertime and the kids could play outside,” one woman said. “Not anymore. Even when we go in the garage we close the front door.”

Officers did not think the shooting was gang-related, but merely an argument at a party that took a deadly turn.

Police were asking residents for footage from security cameras perched on the rooftops of several neighboring houses in hopes of collecting more evidence in the case.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crimestoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), text their tips to 274637 (crimes) then enter TIP577 or log on to nypdcrimestoppers.com.

All reports will be kept confidential.

Reach reporter Joe Anuta by e-mail at januta@cnglocal.com or by phone at 718-260-4566.

Marie from Woodhaven says:
We will miss you
Dec. 13, 2011, 12:45 am
Maspethian from Maspeth says:
"Neighbors, who all declined to be named because they did not want to be identified as giving information about the shooting"

That right there tells you all you need to know about the mentality of the people inhabiting these neighborhoods. Stay engulfed in perpetual violence then and hide the criminals. After all, it's your own that you are killing.
Dec. 13, 2011, 9:41 am
Jenay from Elmont says:
We definitely miss u Keith.. I hope they catch whoever did this. My heart goes out to ur family.
Dec. 13, 2011, 1:35 pm
KIARA from RICHMOND HILL says:
Keith, my dear friend...again this all is very unfortunate & i do pray daily that the demon who took your life will be caught & convicted. i love you rest in peace
Dec. 13, 2011, 2:12 pm
Naomi from RICHMOND HILL says:
sigh... i really cant believe my best friend is gone =(. i really hope the person who did this to suffers badly. you did not deserve to go like this... i pray fro your family and that u rest in peace. you will never ne forgotten! love you!
Dec. 13, 2011, 3:01 pm
Amy from South Ozone Park says:
I will miss you Keith! R.I.P. I truly hope the catch your killer and punish him severely
Dec. 13, 2011, 3:02 pm
keeann from south ozone park says:
i miss you so much cant believe your gone was lime friday nite deff was fun wouldnt believe tht would be the last i would see you ....love you always hun r.i.p keith
Dec. 13, 2011, 5:21 pm
lashell mcfarlane from southside says:
we love you keith and imy you sorry i didn't get to talk to you everyday
Dec. 13, 2011, 5:32 pm
Kellsz from Richmond Hill says:
R.I.P Keith Anthony ;; you will be missed. Forever on our memories .
Dec. 13, 2011, 7:54 pm
Kellsz from Richmond Hill says:
In*
Dec. 13, 2011, 7:54 pm
Shana from Richmond Hill says:
R.I.P Keith you deserved so much more in life, but now you're looking down on all of us, don't forget I love you and I'll forever miss you.
Dec. 13, 2011, 8:33 pm
Monkey says:
R.i.p keith
Dec. 14, 2011, 1:23 am
Cryssy from Richmond Hill says:
Every moment that passes by is one where I pray that they catch who did this...Anger goes through me because they took my friend/cousin away. May Kieth R.I.P I know even after this the thought of who he was brings a smile to my face and he will always be alive in my heart. LOVE YOU
Dec. 14, 2011, 11:18 am
sammy from from richmond hill says:
you killing was senseless.....i guess your job here was finish and God neededhis angel back you will be missed dearly we love you and will 4ever live in our hearts....R'I'P my brother....KEITH ANTHONY....sleep my belove..
Dec. 14, 2011, 3:35 pm
Donnellie says:
R.I.P Keith
Dec. 15, 2011, 8:51 pm
GazaGirl says:
cant believe ur gone Keith i will miss u so much man i cant even believe i didin even see u in person yet all the tyme we been frens on fb BUT MAY UR SOUL R.I.P KEITH WIL MISS U SO MUCH MY FREN
Dec. 16, 2011, 4:57 pm
frenchy from Woodhaven says:
Imy keith real talk look over me r.i.p until we meet agaib keith
Sept. 25, 2012, 10:11 pm
jermaine from crown heights says:
still up to this day,i always think about you keith and the way it happened.I wish i could turn back the hands of time,and keep you safe.Iwish i was with you that night at that party.love you keith RIP.I know you are in heaven looking down at me.
March 29, 2013, 8:58 pm