It is important to display the flag

On May 28, several board members and I had the opportunity and honor to participate in the Whitestone Memorial Day Parade.

I was happy to see so many members of our community, young and old, at the veterans memorial park, at 15th Drive and 149th Street. It was one of the hottest days of the year so far. They all stood there in the heat throughout the ceremony honoring our veterans, past and present.

As we were marching along the parade route, I was happy to see so many of our neighbors lining the streets cheering for the veterans and politicians. Once we reached the main road of 150th Street, I was saddened to see how few stores had the decency to display the American flag outside their businesses.

I know there are at least 40-plus stores along 150th Street from 12th Road to the Cross Island Parkway service road. Yet there were only five or six that had the decency to display our flag.

I also took note of stores off of 150th Street that had some flags out, but to see such a small number on the direct parade route was shameful. These store owners do not realize that if it were not for the sacrifices of these brave men and women, they might not have had the right to own the businesses they do.

It is about time the individuals who own or operate businesses in Whitestone start taking pride in their — I mean, our — community.

We all owe the veterans a great deal of thanks.

Kim F. Cody

President

Greater Whitestone Taxpayers Civic Association

EllenB says:
Alfredo Centola has been pushing for years to have American flags on every street pole on the parade route during the Whitestone Memorial Day Parade.

This year he was way to busy calling for people to donate money to save the 2012 parade. Thank you Al.

We have a problem that needs to be addressed now. As of today, the CYO site sits vacant, abandoned, and rapidly becoming a breeding ground for the West Nile Virus, as well as a home to numerous raccoons, opossums, and God knows what else. This site needs to be cleaned up immediately! Talk about your flags next year. What are you doing now?
July 7, 2012, 8:22 pm
Lisa says:
Hey Centola, isn't this your baby? You have been talking endlessly about this property being used for a soccer, baseball field, little league, lacrosse and possibly two all weather running tracks for some time now. What are you doing? Why don't you clean it up?

You claim to have been working, pushing, calling for, whatever you say you do to make things happen. Well, make it happen.

I am sure with all the work you have done "pushing" to secure this property for the Whitestone youth, you must be in tight with the owners. Give them a call.

Remind them you are Malba Gardens, when they hang up just call back and tell them your a friend of Mr. Codys, better chance for results that way.

Keep pushing and Good Luck.
July 7, 2012, 9:33 pm
Carmine says:
Lisa why would al or anyone for that matter clean up property that belongs to someone else?

Property owners are responsible for their property. If not they should be fined and forced to maintain it.

Unless of course you are a developer with connections to elected officials, in which case they might clean it up for them.

Either way, don't forget your meds.
July 7, 2012, 10:03 pm
Cynthia says:
Now now

Al is right this would be great for the community if the property was purchased for the community

Maybe Devon could pass around his little tin cups and start the fundraising now

Come on Devon what do you say?
July 7, 2012, 10:06 pm
Lisa says:
"this site needs to be cleaned up immediately! Regardless of who owns it"

Alfredo Centola
July 8, 2012, 6:09 am
Lisa says:
Alfredo, you are like a magician diverting attention and a bad one at that. Show this community you can do something other than make general comments on blogs under fictitious names. Organize a clean up program, contact your hundreds of e-mail members, get your neighbors, corporations and your friends in politics involved. Time to make us proud!

"It doesn't matter who did it, it just matters that it got done"

Alfredo Centola
July 8, 2012, 6:30 am

July 23, 2011
Queens Crap

"We also ask that all Elected Officials, and Civic Leaders, do whatever is in their power to have this EYESORE cleaned up"

Alfredo Centola
President
Malba Gardens Civic Association

I just love quoting you, so inspirational..
July 8, 2012, 6:45 am
neil from whitestone says:
I enjoy lisa putting him in his place and he tries to squirm out of it like a fat worm. very funny stuff. you two should have your own column name lisa and alfredos friends. you make my sunday,enjoyable reading.
July 8, 2012, 8:38 am
neil from whitestone says:
if you don't know about this read the whitestone time archives, so funny.
July 8, 2012, 8:42 am
Carmine says:
Lisa whichever one you may be

The first quote was false

The second quote calls on the elected officials
You know the ones who we pay from our taxes
To get it cleaned up

Not me not you not Devon not Cindy not Al

The politicians get on the owners and THE OWNERS do it

Great concept in America the owner takes care of his or her property

Or is it unles it's a development sit? Then the taxpayers have to clean it up for them?

Take your meds!
July 8, 2012, 11:10 am
Lisa says:
With the warm winter behind us, the mosquitoes are bigger and hungrier than ever. In light of recent events with at least one confirmed tragedy due to the West Nile Virus, this site needs to be cleaned up immediately! Regardless of who owns it, who doesn't, etc. Our Elected officials need to contact whomever they need to contact and get it cleaned up!

Please, before the Summer is in full swing, let us avert another tragedy.

Alfredo Centola

Queens Crap 7/12

Alfredo just stop talking and get off your a** and do somthing.
July 8, 2012, 11:54 am
Anthony says:
Al, Thanks for keeping this in the forefront. We need more people like you. Where is the Greater Whitestone Taxpayers Civic Assocaition on this? Doing nothing as usual!
July 8, 2012, 3:15 pm
Lisa says:
Thank you lissa for showing what Al wrote on queens crap

Nowhere does he ask for the community to clean it up!

Carmine et al.. Are right. You are in idiot!
July 8, 2012, 4:50 pm
Lisa says:

So, med head Lisa and Anthony, does your friend Alfredo Centola, President of the
Malba Gardens Civic Association, do anything for the community other than "calling for" the other hard working, respected, member supported Whitestone civics to do everything?

I may have missed that part in Queens Crap. "Oh, do tell". Just love quoting this guy!
July 9, 2012, 5:59 am
Lisa says:
Hey Moron Lisa, where did he call for other groups to clean it up?

He said Politicians and the owners. Why dont you make these comments on Queens Crap instead of hijacking this site?
July 9, 2012, 3:25 pm
Lisa says:
Because I enjoy a one on one conversation with you on this site Alfredo.
July 9, 2012, 5 pm
lisa says:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

now you say im al

you are funny
July 9, 2012, 6:32 pm
Alfredo C says:
I have been quiet and away from commenting on this site until they figure out a way to have commentators register with their emails. Discourse and disagreement is good however the falsehoods that go on here is disgusting.

Now you people have taken over what was a good story from a good man and turned it into your own childish, embarrassing personal spectacle. You should be ashamed. Thank you to those that have and continue to support me and our group.

Enough of that. Mr. Cody, you are 1000% correct! Our veterans deserve better! Thank you for speaking the truth! The parade was saved this year thanks to the efforts of Greater Whitestone, dwarfe giraffe, and the community as a whole. Maybe next year the community can convince the store owners to show their support and at a bare minimum display the flag.

Thank you mr. Cody, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!
July 9, 2012, 10:17 pm
Lisa says:
Alfredo when you say, "you people", remember all the negative anti-everything and against everyone comments posted on this and other sites always come from your people. Try not to get them angry, they're real nasty!

Angel Al, hard to believe but it's a new day, I'm happy for you!
July 10, 2012, 6:36 am
Barbara says:
Well said Mr. Centola
July 10, 2012, 2:33 pm
EllenB says:
Bravo Mr. Centola
July 10, 2012, 4:44 pm
Cynthia says:
Warm and heart felt Mr. Centola
July 10, 2012, 4:49 pm
1000% correct, my friend
July 10, 2012, 4:52 pm
Anthony says:
....it's amazing Mr. Centola...the love inside, you take it with you....
July 10, 2012, 4:58 pm
Paul Tower from North Flushing says:
I felt this thrill going up my leg after reading Mr. Centolas comment
July 10, 2012, 5:25 pm
Joe from Whitestone says:
Exactly Mr. C exactly!!!

Very very true.

Oh and " GOD BLESS AMERICA"!
July 10, 2012, 6:12 pm
Max from Whitestone says:
Well said Al
July 10, 2012, 6:34 pm
Enzo from Malba says:
God bless America and thank you Veterans.

Bravo
July 10, 2012, 7 pm
Andrew from Whitestone says:
God bless America indeed.

If the stores refuse to hang a flag the people should refuse to shop there.

Keep up the good work Kim and Al and everyone else in this great neighborhood within this great country
July 10, 2012, 8:20 pm
Lisa says:
UNBELIEVABLE..! but then again, not really, I guess you just can't help it. Very, very sad.
July 11, 2012, 4:09 am
Billy from Whitestone says:
Well done. I could not have said it better myself.

"God Bless America"
July 11, 2012, 7:36 am
C. Lopes says:
Make it so, Number One...
July 11, 2012, 3:19 pm
Chrissy says:
Al, Devon, Kim, Barbara, you guys all mean well and have so much to offer the community. Please don't let the one or two malcontents destroy all that you have done for the community.

Each of you has so much to offer and I hope you do not allow the sad few deter you.

Kim wrote a great letter that the entire community should seriously think about it.

Al wrote a beautiful and tuching response I know came from the heart and is true to his character .

Enough of the negative nonsense from the others please I implore you. Let this letter be the beginning of a united community. Listen to what each other has to say and come together. Please do not allow the few to cancer the entire body.
July 11, 2012, 9:06 pm
Barbara says:
You are correct Mr. Centola's comment was beautiful and touching.
July 12, 2012, 12:34 pm
EllenB says:
A true testament to the character of Mr. Centola. Words straight from his heart.
July 12, 2012, 12:39 pm
Cynthia says:
Moving and tender, Mr. Centola
July 12, 2012, 12:41 pm
Carmine says:
"Enough of the negative nonsense from the others please I implore you. Let this letter be the beginning of a united community" Who the hell do you think you are????

Alfredo, does everything for this community, not the others, ONLY AL!!!
July 12, 2012, 12:46 pm
Enzo from Malba says:
Carmine, stop it

God blessed America, God blessed us for knowing our wonderful friend Alfredo Centola.
July 12, 2012, 12:58 pm
Lisa says:
Al you should consider enrolling in a summer school program because you and your friends have way too much time on your hands.

Inspirational reading as your schizoblog team unite in heartfelt self-serving comments posted only minutes apart.

Maybe I have been wrong about you after all?.......Naaaaaaaaaa!
July 12, 2012, 4:16 pm
Carmine says:
Lisa you know what I notice??????

That Als comment was at 10PM and the next comment was at 6AM the following day

Oh and it was from you

I also noticed that immediately after YOUR comment ALL the other comments came some within a couple while other within several minutes of eachother, yet other comment were made hours and days apart. Also noticed your 4AM comments kind of scarey if you ask me.

????? So much for your stupidity sorry I meant conspiracy theory.
July 12, 2012, 8:30 pm
Lisa says:
Yes, Alfredo hopefully you also noticed that when I comment I only use my name, I find it very easy being me. However, you continue your multi-character charade, especially since everybody you are trying to convince already knows it's you. Believe me, EVERYBODY knows!

No conspiracy, just the real life reality of expressing yourself as yourself. Why not stop your hate filled crappy games. You are a mean man, always saying mean and untrue things about good people. Why do you do this? Does it make you feel strong? I for one, feel sorry for you
July 13, 2012, 8:54 am
Chrissy says:
Wow Lisa do you believe your ramblings? You keep saying you use your real name, I don't know about that. I hope so but I have a sneaky suspicion otherwise.

I do know that Al always signs his name and that is how you and whoever else is posting on this site knows his full name, first and last. You say some pretty disturbing and mean things, yet you appear to be everything you claim others are.

What is your full name? You sure know Als! Come on tell us about yourself or stop with you defamatory and wild allegations.

Please for the sake of what is good in our community, stop the hostility.
July 13, 2012, 10:03 am
Lisa says:
Alfredo, you may call it rambling or hostility, I call it an inquiry, or a modest attempt to get you or one of your self-serving schizoblog team spokespersons to explain the following comment.

"Alfredo Centola has been pushing for years to have American flags on every street pole on the parade route during the Whitestone Memorial Day Parade".

Come on Al, that comment is not true, tell the truth, be honest, is this just another story your phantasmagoric friends give you credit for?

My comments are not wild allegations or in any way defamatory, just asking and responding! ''' Quoting you,

"Now you people have taken over what was a good story from a good man and turned it into your own childish, embarrassing personal spectacle. You should be ashamed."

AL, every comment posted on this page, with the exception of mine, had come from some name connected with you.

I guess it's hard to keep it all together, you seem to be falling apart. Try just being yourself.
July 13, 2012, 1:14 pm
EllenB says:
Lisa, who said that? Al?
July 13, 2012, 2:42 pm
Steven says:
hi lisa, from appearances you are new in town. just know this has been going on for years and if he has his way, his games will continue for many to come. he has become without a doubt the topic of great discussion within certain circles and not in a good way. he's trying to play with your head, I think you get that. just never let him bother you. how did this thing start with you and him? I loved that phantasmagoric friends comment. take care.

steve
July 14, 2012, 9:10 am
and you are?
July 14, 2012, 1:38 pm
Stefan says:
ladies and gentlemen boys and girls children of all ages a new name was created today. Welcome Steven you speak of talk in circles pray tell what circles does thy speaketh of?

What a joke!
July 14, 2012, 2:22 pm
Lisa says:
Hey Steven, hi. March 29, 2012 this paper published a story titled, "Francis Lew Park waits for new play area in May". Read "their" comments. My new friends.
July 14, 2012, 4:40 pm
Lisa says:
Alfredo, Alfredo, don't forget, you must have EllenB introduce Stefan, your new ring master.

and your still a joke!
July 14, 2012, 4:47 pm
EllenB says:
As always Lisa you are delusional

Not only do I not know Stefan or Steven or Steve for the record

I do know that you are a vile and bitter person

Regarding the post you mentioned I believe that is the first time I commented about your irrational comments. If memory serves someone commented about how wonderful it would be to have a new playground and you outright called that commentator a pedophile. Yes Steven I'd you do exist and I doubt it do read that commentary and decide for yourself. Then again you sound as if your mind was made up already. "my new friends".
July 14, 2012, 7:01 pm
Lisa I lloooovvvveee you
July 14, 2012, 7:01 pm
steven says:
stefan it seems your a first timer also. at least you say I was created does that mean you were invented. if so, invented by who? tell me why my experience with this man interest you, your not al centola? right.
July 14, 2012, 7:06 pm
steven says:
interesting how you all question everyone's existence. ellenb, let me get you up to speed on jeremy, the name you are referring to from that story. since you were a first time commenter back in march, you would not know he had a history of commenting on child related stories within the whitestone area. what has always interest me is that alfredo would always comment shortly before or after he did, similar to what you and carmine just did. why would a moms concern for hers and other children in a park bother you so?
July 14, 2012, 7:29 pm
EllenB says:
You read the comments? Lisa apologized to Jeremy did she not?
July 14, 2012, 11:14 pm
steven says:
elllenb what has always interest me is that alfredo would comment on related stories shortly before or after jeremy did, again similar to what you and carmine did yesterday here. i'm not saying you are alfredo, jeremy or carmine but don't you find that interesting?
July 15, 2012, 7:19 am
steven says:
maybe young mom lisa over reacted to the comments in that times ledger story but I hope you would agree actions as adults being safe then sorry in relation to the children is always best. we would never want people that we suspect may bring harm to children in our parks or in our schools. I am sure you all would agree.
July 15, 2012, 7:38 am
Lisa says:
Hi Steven, from all appearances you do not live in the
mind of Centola. Thank you :)
July 15, 2012, 10:50 am
EllenB says:
It is better to be safe than sorry agreed. But to insult or accuse someone of being a monster for no reason is wrong is it not?

No I am not Carmine Al nor anyone other than Ellen. Lisa has an unhealthy desire to bash Al or anyone who agrees with him. It appears to me that she is unstable. Notice her last comment. Another attempt to insult someone and she prints a last name. Why do we not know her last name?

And Lisa, before you ask why we dont know my last name. The answer is simple, it is non of your business, and I am not the one consistently writing someone's last name on an open forum and attacking them.

Thank you Steven.
July 15, 2012, 11:05 am
Lisa says:
Alfredo, it's simple realy.. My name is Lisa, your name is Alfredo. You are a very mean man, you do and say things about good people. You disagree with me, understandable, because mean men do not like people calling them a mean man. So, this mean man, aka (list to long) invents a world of people that speaks for him, saying more mean things to a about people like me.

Alfredo, you are right, I am out of my fu(king mind!
July 15, 2012, 12:41 pm
Evan says:
Weird lisa very weird
July 15, 2012, 12:43 pm
EllenB says:
Now who is playing head games here? You want me to agree with you so you can continue your ranting and accuse me of what you do. Your not that smart! Stop trying to discredit I good man that does so much for this community. Good day!!
July 15, 2012, 12:58 pm
steven says:
ellenb. you say you are not alfredo centola. why do you answer every question directed towards him?
July 15, 2012, 1:20 pm
Lisa says:
No Steven she is directing at me by claiming I am He. Note how she replies to my commentary and claims it is Al.

Lisa, sad little girl. Thank you for comfirming my statement.

Good that you admited to you are out of your mind. Good first step, it is the way to a cure.

I do hope you get better soon
July 15, 2012, 1:44 pm
Lisa says:
Alfredo, you act like a school boy but it's not going to work! My last comment on this site was 10:50 AM this morning. You have so many names in your phantasmagoric catalog, leave the name Lisa alone. Be a good boy or I will take you to see the principal.

Now just answer this, have you been pushing for years to have American flags on every street pole on the parade route during the Whitestone Memorial Day Parade?
July 15, 2012, 2:43 pm
Carmine says:
Lisa I lloooovvvveee you. Come on, come ooooooooooon baby baby kiss me, oh yes, yes, oh yeeeeeeees!!
July 15, 2012, 2:57 pm
Lisa says:
Alfredo, now we know what you do with your hands between comments.
July 15, 2012, 3:08 pm
Lisa Lisa says:
Lisa,

When did you hear him say he was pushing for the flags on every street pole?

And please answer the question I said heard or read that HE was doing so?

I do hope you get better soon
July 15, 2012, 3:45 pm
Lisa says:
It just never ends with you Alfredo Centola, just never ends...
July 16, 2012, 2:24 pm
Boys and girls Lisa LI has got to get the last comment in. Hhaha
July 16, 2012, 4:03 pm
Carmine says:
Who are you really Lisa? What is your real. Full name and what neighborhood do you live in?
July 16, 2012, 4:04 pm
Lisa says:
My name is now and always has been Lisa. Your name is Centola. You are very good at making up new names and have totally dishonored your fathers last name. I ask you, what will be your new name? creep.
July 16, 2012, 6:49 pm
Lisa says:
Careful now Lisa you might be getting upset at the wrong person.
July 16, 2012, 9:26 pm
Carmine says:
oooooooaaaaaa, I llooooovvvveee to say the name Liiiiiiiiiisaaaaaaa,oh yeah, on and oooooooooooon. Oh yeah, Lisa Lisa Lisa Lisa, yeah baby Lisa, baby baby, oh yesssssssssss Lisa, yes!! Lisa yes! oh yes!! Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.
July 17, 2012, 10:51 am
Lisa says:
Oh yes, I am very aware how many times you say my name as well as the names, EllenB , Cynthia, Anthony, Barbara, Paul Tower from North Flushing, Joe from Whitestone, Max from Whitestone, Enzo from Malba, Andrew from Whitestone, Billy from Whitestone, C. Lopes, Chrissy, Stefan, Evan, Lisa Lisa, Alfredo C and of course your Carmine.

My friends and I were guessing what name you would use next. I have been right seventy percent of the time, maybe I know you best. You are a very mean man, doing everything you can, to hurt many good people. Just know good people doing good things cannot be hurt by angry people like you because they do for others. I do not like you but I only wish you well, you very sad man.

Anyway, for the rest of you, my vacation starts in two hours, off to Taiwan to hang with family for five weeks, can't wait. Be well and stay safe everyone. I love Whitestone and all the wonderful kind people that live here. Have a great summer. Later. Lisa.
July 17, 2012, 12:50 pm
Carmine says:
Just so weesa doesn't get the wast woid

HaHa
July 17, 2012, 10:56 pm
EllenB says:
Wow your obsession is beyond healthy
July 17, 2012, 10:57 pm
Carmine says:
What is really going on here? Lisa is not even from this country and she has repeatedly insulted and attacked my long time friend and neighbor Alfredo Centola. He is a good man everybody knows it. Is this political? Or maybe just trying to discredit the only hard working civic leader in Whitestone. Very interesting Lisa-son.
July 18, 2012, 8:12 pm
Misty says:
Your right Carmine, I have been thinking along those lines as well.
July 18, 2012, 8:15 pm
ElelnB says:
This is totally political . They are scared of anyone who is in it for no self gain and because it is the right thing to do.

Its a game the politicians have been playing for decades in Queens. Discredit the person you see as an honest thorn in your Shennanigans.
July 18, 2012, 10:14 pm
EllenB says:
Now that I am going to say it, I'm sure it will begin but here it is. Notice how all of a suddent non of the other names that chime in have chimed in?

She claims that I, along with all the others are Alfred. Now that she is gone non of her friends have commented? Hmmmm

I know they have internet in Taiwan, lets see what happens now.
July 18, 2012, 10:17 pm
EllenB says:
I know they have internet in Taiwan and I am sure that after I point out what I am going to point out it will happen, here goes.

Notice that non of the other names have chimed in, you know the ones that usually chime in with Lisa.

She claims that I, along with Carmine and many others are all Alfredo. Yet now there is silence from her "friends"? Phantasmagorical indeed.

About time the truth shime thru...
July 18, 2012, 10:19 pm
Clarence says:
Yes Ellen you are right, now it is very quiet all of a sudden and she said she's a caring single mom so were is her kid. She didn't say her kid was going with her. why not.
July 18, 2012, 10:32 pm
Roy says:
I agree and hope it is a deportation and not a vacation.
July 18, 2012, 10:33 pm
Tina says:
EllenB, You and I know Alfredo Centola has never did anything for self gain and it is so true, when you say, he does the right thing. It really sickened me, when you wrote that Lisa was insinuating Jeremy is Alfredo Centola and he is a pedophile that sits in our parks watching our children. I hope she never comes back!!
July 19, 2012, 9:06 am
Tina says:
July 19, 2012, 9:06 am
Nancy says:
I feel the same Tina. A friend of mine follows her on facebook. So much dippy girl nonsense but when she talks about Alfredo Centola she once claimed he video tapes Whitestone children while they ride in yellow school buses. She also said she can get the bus video surveillance tapes showing Alfredo taping our kids as the buses are going down the streets. I told my friend not to worry, she is lying, Alfredo Centola is a good man and could never do that.

Really bit*h, were is this proof? Keep that nutty chick away from my children and out of Whitestone.
July 19, 2012, 9:15 am
Kathy says:
I hope a giant wave sucks her lazy ass off the beech into the ocean. Disgraceful leaving our child at home for five weeks to go on vacation.
July 19, 2012, 9:32 am
Linda says:

She claims that she is a caring mom, what do you think? My kids go everywhere with me.
July 19, 2012, 9:36 am
Gwen says:
It is bothersome to me that someone like this Lisa, takes off for 5 weeks and leaves her child behind. Maybe she should take care of her child and stop making up stories that Alfredo is the local video pedophile. This is a man of great character and respected by all. This type of behavior must stop.
July 19, 2012, 2:43 pm
Mary Anne says:
Right on Gwen but it's about we the people speaking up and telling the real story defending local leaders like Alfredo Centola. This totally political game has no place in this town. Yes, he is a thorn, yes, he keeps all the politicians in line. He will never scare or back down. Why don't we all put his name down as a write in candidate to make sure this time Alfredo Centola gets in office.
July 19, 2012, 2:45 pm
Paul Tower says:
It is nice to see the truth finally being told on this site. The realization that all the negative attacks under different names were all coming from the same person is truly a breath of fresh air.

People are seeing that they can and should speak up. Knock the bullies and liars down. From what I have pieced together, Lisa is a vile and disgusting person who apparently has no care for her children and no problem attempting to defame a good man who has done nothing but fight the good fight for his community and it's children.

Mary Anne, I agree with you. Maybe Mr. Centola should be the write in candidate of choice. Maybe the movement for positive change can begin here. We have seen the ugly negative side with Lisa and her disgusting behavior. Now let us focus on the good and selflessness those like Al have to offer. I too will be joining you in writing in his name.

Shame on Lisa or whatever her true name is, and shame on the politician or politicians who put her or him up to it!
July 19, 2012, 3:33 pm
Paul Tower says:
Nancy since she so likes to throw out last names as she attempts to discredit al, do tell us all; what is her last name? So we can friend her on Facebook or at least read her lies.

If you would be so kind. After all she has no problem throwing the names of others thru the mud.

July 19, 2012, 3:36 pm
Tina says:
We can make him a write in candidate? How?
July 19, 2012, 3:59 pm
Nancy says:
Paul,I am not on facebook, I don't trust it but my friend should have all that information. I'll call her tonite and get what you need. You just need a last name or something else?
July 19, 2012, 4:08 pm
Paul Tower says:
With her last name we should be able to find her on face book. That would work. However, the more information the better. Thank you.

Nancy if I recall correctly, there should be a spot on the bottom of the ballot where you can write in a name.

We should seriously do it. I for one will, it's about time we get an honest person to represent us. Worse case , it would send a message to the established crook politicians and clubs.
July 19, 2012, 7 pm
Paul Tower says:
Sorry the write in comment was for Tina.
July 19, 2012, 7:01 pm
Tina says:
Cool, this sounds real grass routes, I like it and I want to do it. Now, who will Mr. Centola be running against? what's the office and in what party?
July 19, 2012, 8:55 pm
Paul Tower says:
He is a local guy sensitive to the community. I would say council?
July 19, 2012, 9:34 pm
steven says:
lisa said to al centola "all the negative anti-everything and against everyone comments posted on this and other sites always come from your people". what has changed?, your just using a new set of names. I know al, this is what he does. centola, do you think anybody is believing this? still on that write in crap. enjoy, ledger fans
July 20, 2012, 8:05 am
Paul says:
Steven, you know al? I highly doubt that. As a matter of fact, could it be that lisa has found an internet cafe in Taiwan?

I believe so..
July 20, 2012, 8:12 am
steven says:
you know all the people al knows, I highly doubt that, unless you are al centola. the only people that aren't real, in your world, are the people that aren't you. Paul, I would love to meet with you and all your friends to discuss centolas council run. you know I can put that together or at least al does.
July 20, 2012, 11:13 am
steven says:
July 20, 2012, 11:13 am
Nancy says:
Good morning Paul. As for Lisa, my friend said she doesn't want to get involved with giving me information on anyone she follows on facebook. She said, especially giving information to the malba gardens civic association. She said, that groups history of verbal attacks and misrepresenting their agenda is something she will stay away from. She said, Alfredo Centola is a very sneaky man and has never done anything for this area other than cause trouble. I think she is wrong, so if you can please post links to stories of his accomplishments, civic work, volunteer work, fundraising anything he and his group has done for this commmiunty. I will enjoy throwing it in her face.
Thanks Paul
July 20, 2012, 12:01 pm
AlfredoC from Malba Gardens says:
Again, I thank all those who speak out and support me and what I do.

Again, some have taken a good story about a real issue and turned it into a personal attack.

Again, it is good to see people coming out and seeing for themselves what is going on and speaking out about it.

Again, I have absolutely no desire to run or me elected into any office. I will continue to call out our "Representatives" when they fail to "Represent". I will continue to press and pressure them when they lie to me and the community. I will contiue to call on them to do what needs to be done to preserve and protect our community.

Steve, if you know me, and for the record I doubt I know you. But if you do know me, you know what I say and have said about running for office in the distant past, the not so distant past, last week, this week and today.

I have nothing to hide and will not defend myself to people I do not know. I will be more than happy to discuss with anyone my views on what is going on in the community.

As for running for any type of elected office, as of now, there is no desire. I feel I get more done keeping the pressure on those Elected by US to REPRSENT US!

Thank you again for all your support.

Again, as for the original purpose of this letter from a very good man (Mr. COdy) GOD BLESS AMERICA
July 20, 2012, 12:45 pm
steven says:
more of your self serving gibberish, no one is coming out or speaking out for you, they are all you. are you not the president of a civic association alfredo, so now we got you talking, what do you do other than your daily harassing of politicians and 311 operators making up all your bs stories.. it would be wonderful if you ran for city council then all your "friends" will expose you for your superior uselessness and malicious nature. the only support you have is in your mind because you have yet to do anything ever in this town. the last person mr. cody needs standing by him is you. As you can see I do know you. feels good using your real name, right al.

take it away paul, ellenb, carmine or if we're lucky someone new.
July 20, 2012, 2:40 pm
Helen from Flushing says:
Sounds like steven is another political hack
July 20, 2012, 4:31 pm
Lisa says:
No, it sounds like people speaking the truth.
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:02 pm