A father and son died in what investigators believe was an accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in Ozone Park. Police said that both Kuo-Kung Chen, 66, and his son Aaron Chen, 29, were found dead in their home on 101st Avenue at 90th Street Saturday evening.
There was no criminality suspected and the investigation is ongoing, according to the NYPD.
A family friend, who did not want to be identified, said that Kuo-Kung’s daughter Marien had planned to meet up with her father Friday night, and when he did not show up, she went to her family’s Queens home Saturday to check on them.
Police iniatially responded to the home for a “wellness check,” and then medics were called and pronounced both men dead. A dog named Mocha, which had apparently also been in the house, survived.
Police said Sunday carbon monoxide was the suspected cause of death.
As authorities performed their investigation Saturday night, Marien broke into tears several times and was comforted by friends.
A third person was also take to the hospital in serious condition, according to the Breaking News Network.
Reach photo editor Christina Santucci by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 718-260-4589.
©2012 Community Newspaper Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.