Today’s news:

Ozone Park father and son killed in apparent accidental carbon monoxide poisoning

Marien Chen (second r.) cries outside the home of her father and brother as an investigation is performed. Photo by Christina Santucci
TimesLedger Newspapers

A father and son died in what investigators believe was an accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in Ozone Park. Police said that both Kuo-Kung Chen, 66, and his son Aaron Chen, 29, were found dead in their home on 101st Avenue at 90th Street Saturday evening.

There was no criminality suspected and the investigation is ongoing, according to the NYPD.

A family friend, who did not want to be identified, said that Kuo-Kung’s daughter Marien had planned to meet up with her father Friday night, and when he did not show up, she went to her family’s Queens home Saturday to check on them.

Police iniatially responded to the home for a “wellness check,” and then medics were called and pronounced both men dead. A dog named Mocha, which had apparently also been in the house, survived.

Police said Sunday carbon monoxide was the suspected cause of death.

As authorities performed their investigation Saturday night, Marien broke into tears several times and was comforted by friends.

A third person was also take to the hospital in serious condition, according to the Breaking News Network.

Reach photo editor Christina Santucci by e-mail at csantucci@cnglocal.com or by phone at 718-260-4589.

Pin It
Print this story Permalink

Reader Feedback

Family member from Queens says:
The father who passed away was my uncle and the son was my cousin. The man first fron the right is my father and the elder brother of my uncle's. Our family is very deeply affected by this sudden horrifying tragic event. My father and my uncle were very close. The call each other morning and night every single day and would meet up for tea in the afternoon almost every other day. Over 60 years of brotherhood... Gone in a blink of an eye. I cannot possibly imagine the pain, the horror, the fears and the tears my cousin Marian had to face when finding the dead bodies of not one but two of her family members. I truly hope investigations can soon reveal the truth behind such tragedy and discover the source of the CO leakage.
Jan. 16, 2012, 1:27 am
David from Brooklyn says:
I am shocked and devastated by this Horrific loss! Jackie was my friend and fishing buddy. I knew him for ten years. I loved him for ten years. I am so upset I can't even think. He never looked 66, I though he was around 50. He was very young at heart as was his son. This is so terrible!! Aaron was just a young man! I'm so sorry for Marien and her daughter and family...

Please donate if you can for their funerals...through Paypal to chicklet2378@yahoo.com.
Jan. 16, 2012, 3:52 pm

Enter your comment below

By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:

You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.

CNG: Community Newspaper Group