Halloran takes paper to task over Meng editorial

In response to your Sept. 14-20 editorial, let me take this opportunity to clarify the record of what I said and did not say, but before I do so, let me first say that your use of “Tea Potty” as your headline belies the overt bias in your editorial piece.

Since you feel the need to attack the Tea Party through my run for Congress, I would point out that the principles of smaller government, lower taxes and respect for the U.S. Constitution must be contrary to this paper’s editorial board, since those are the only universally agreed upon planks in the Tea Party movement, which is neither a political party nor a social club.

It is merely the expression of millions of Americans’ frustration with the governmental status quo. They have no organized or central leadership, no particular ethnic or religious bent — they simply desire to return America to a better place.

As to the editorial itself, the facts as you presented them are not quite as clear. While in Israel, and through Hebrew translation, I said my opponent was of Chinese nationality who has almost exclusively raised money within the Chinese community.

A quick look at the campaign disclosures to the Federal Elections Commission proves that more than 94 percent of the donations are from within the Asian-American community. Considering this district’s voting base is only 17 percent Asian American — 40 percent of the raw population — that number is quite askew for a candidate purportedly reaching out to the entire congressional district.

In addition, you take me to task for a comment I made on background that was then reported in the body of the article regarding potential dual citizenship.

As the paper is, or should be aware of, Americans whose parents were born in Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan can possess dual citizenship automatically by birth, despite the ban under Communist Chinese law. My point in the discussion was that while many have talked about Israel and its role in this election, no one has talked about China and its ongoing role. Shouldn’t either candidate be concerned with the whole community, not simply one demographic within it?

To equate my opponent’s promotion of a single piece of legislation, on a women’s business initiative, as this paper did, to a 94 percent — reliance on one ethnic group for financial support is laughable at best but at worst a clear bias in reporting.

Moreover, this paper wantonly disregarded the history of politics in downtown Flushing, as it absolves my opponent from any responsibility in her father’s indictment. Need I remind this paper that my opponent was the campaign manager when her father left the state Assembly under a cloud of voter fraud — for which Mr. Ting, a staffer on the campaign, was convicted of the crime of registering people illegally to vote at Jimmy Meng’s own business address?

Need I remind this paper that not only did my opponent accept a campaign donation from this convicted criminal, but refused to return it when called on the carpet by the Daily News? May I further remind this paper that my opponent has refused to disclose how much money her father has bundled for her despite the scandal involving his arrest? In fact, at first my opponent denied bundlers existed at all, when they clearly do exist under federal guidelines and are required to be disclosed.

All this while my opponent has failed to file her required U.S. House of Representatives Ethics Disclosure in either her primary or the general election, despite making six-figure donations to her own campaign, which now, conveniently, have no way to be verified. As of this submission, despite being aware of the four-month lapse in her filing, she has still not filed. Talk about the 1 percent and non-transparency. Has your newspaper even covered this matter at all?

I take seriously your paper’s request that we talk about our respective records, so let’s do that. My opponent has missed 77 percent of the legislative session, and I have missed only 12.7 percent, despite having surgery for a brain tumor with medical time that only amounted to 9 percent. I have introduced a score of bills and co-sponsored dozens, having had several pass, while I do not believe my opponent has had any prime sponsored bills ever pass and has introduced only a handful — this despite my being in office less time then she has. And while I have fought for and secured millions of dollars in capital funds for our district and hundreds of thousands in discretionary allotments, I do not believe my opponent can say the same.

So please, let’s keep this race about our respective records. Perhaps then your paper will start to report the facts, too.

Dan Halloran

City Councilman

(R-Whitestone)

Lynda says:
She is not of Chinese nationality you idiot

She is of American nationality as she was born here

And you want to be our congressman

What a joke!!!!!!!!!
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:09 pm
Lynda says:
Keep the race about records while you throw her fathers criminality out every chance you get

Is that about the record??????
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:11 pm
Lynda says:
Your playing statistics now??????

94% of her contributions does not mean 94% of the community it only means that out of all her contributors 94% of them were Asian Americans

As we all know they are a tight knit group and the key word in their description was and is AMERICAN!!!!!!
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:16 pm
Lou from Bayside says:
Alfredo, I honesty wish you had the balls to use your own name.
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:16 pm
Carmine says:
It's honestly you idiot and Alfredo is not on this tread!!
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:21 pm
Lynda says:
So she has dual citizenship so what??????

Many people nowadays have dual citizenship what is the point???????

By the way the Jewish community sees thru your fake friendship and is not fooled

Who paid for that trip to Isreal you mentioned??????
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:23 pm
Lynda says:
Out of all the sessions you attended how many did you stay for longer than 15 minutes??????

Out of all that time how much of it was spent on your blackberry texting or doing Who knows what??????
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:26 pm
Lynda says:
Mengs father is a criminal this we agree on

Grace is not good for our community of this we are sure

You dear sir are no better!!!!!!
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:28 pm
Lynda says:
Of course now the idiots have begun blaming this Alfredo

This paper allows such defamation on its site does prove mr. Hallorans point on being negligent

His only point
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:30 pm
One more thing

How many ethnic groups did you talk about in your bid for congress??????

So far I have only heard of one

Hypocrite??????
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:34 pm
Carmine says:
I said it's not you, Al. Now i'm the idiot? Thanks!!
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:37 pm
Not to worry about looking like an idiot I am who I say I am

On the subject of bundlers

Has anyone bundled for your campaign??????

Think carefully before you retort
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:42 pm
Paul says:
I read the entire stream and the article is pretty much accurate. Thank you Alfredo.
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:51 pm
The Mrs. says:
Write in Alfredo Centola for the next City Council election!
Sept. 28, 2012, 5:56 pm
Lou from Bayside says:
Alfredo Centola, Pa Leease! Always your same angry political rhetoric, your just using a different name. Try NO BALLS next, that fits you best..
Sept. 28, 2012, 6:08 pm
Bob from Queens says:
Lynda, you need to post more
Sept. 28, 2012, 6:18 pm
Austin Finen from NYC says:
I agree that Jimmy Meng is heavily influential with Grace's legislative initiatives and she oversaw his entire campaign even during the time of the voter fraud. Grace says she's a champion of progressive and independent leadership, but I believe in my heart Dan Halloran is the better choice.
Sept. 28, 2012, 6:20 pm
A.M. from Forest Hills says:
The lack of attention that has been given to Ms. Meng's record is disgraceful. Has anyone actually listened to what she has to say? She talks a lot about "building bridges" and can go on for hours about her family, but where is the substance? What are her legislative priorities? She can't possibly demonstrate her legislative record if she isn't even showing up to vote. We are better than electing someone like that. I know what Dan Halloran stands for, and I support his record. I encourage everyone in the 6th CD to attend a debate so you can see the differences between these two candidates. With Ms. Meng, you will get a lot of fluff, and lots of irrelevant statements about her family and her heritage. She won't talk about issues because she hasn't gotten involved with any local issues in the past. With Dan Halloran, you might not agree with everything that he has to say, but Dan Halloran will tell you his plan and what he believes in. Dan Halloran is a person of intellectual substance. But you don't have to take me at my word. Go and see them debate, and when its over, honestly ask yourself about who actually told you what their legislative priorities are.
Sept. 28, 2012, 6:32 pm
Anon from 6th congressional district says:
Grace Meng is so disconnect with the community, she has done absolutely NOTHING in the NYS Assembly. I honestly never heard of her prior to hearing her candidacy for this seat.

It's so painfully obvious that the only reason the Queens-Dems selected Meng as their candidate is because she's a mindless sheep who will vote for anything they ask her to. It's pathetic how unqualified Meng is for Congress. The only bill she's proud of is some useless land-lord tenant law which is suppose to help land-lords evict tenants who are performing illegal activities in their unit.

After her father, Jimmy Meng, was caught RED HANDED by the Feds dealing bribes, Grace decides it was a good idea to have a fundraiser on 9/11 with, Sheldon Silver, another disgraceful and corrupt NYS politician under fire for unethical dealings with Lopez.

Please people, this is a CONGRESSIONAL seat we're talking about here. Lets make sure we don't have some brainless sheep representing our district in the Federal Government.

Sept. 28, 2012, 6:37 pm
Carmine says:
Hey Lou from bayside where are your balls? Who are you really?
Sept. 28, 2012, 7 pm
Alfredo C says:
I have been avoiding this site due to its lack of moderation . I just checked my messages and has several , all about this letter. For the record, while it is public knowledge that Dan and I have had heated debates and we don't always see eye to eye. I support Dan in his bid for congress, knowing he is the better candidate.

Lou, here I am and rest assured I ALWAYS sign my name to what I post. Ask Dan , I don't hide what I think or have to say.

Dan , good luck and I hope you win.
Sept. 28, 2012, 9:01 pm
Sept. 28, 2012, 10:44 pm
Lynda says:
The following is a quote from mr. Halloran

" My point in the discussion was that while many have talked about Israel and its role in this election, no one has talked about China and its ongoing role. Shouldn’t either candidate be concerned with the whole community, not simply one demographic within it?"

Ok you are correct and by your own admission

You have not spoken of China and it's ongoing role

Youhave repeatedly addressed Isreal and it's role

Whyis that??????

Do you think it is more important or that it's people will fall for your false friendship as you seek their votes??????

I for one feel that neither the country of China nor Isreal should have any " ongoing role" in our elections

Why do you??????

let us begin by focusing on our citizens and our country first!!!!!!
Sept. 28, 2012, 10:55 pm
Lisa from Whitestone says:

Alfredo "Lynda" Centola, Yes it is true, you always sign your real name to what you post when you are using your real name.

Your so called heated facebook debate is public knowledge because you released your transcript to the Times Ledger, hoping to defame a council member. The lack of moderation on this site, aka your means of slander, is the reason you post on this site.

So, Mr. Alfredo Lynda Carmine Paul Bob Centola, now you are you on this "thread", please know, we ALL know, your a damn TWO FACED PHONY.
Sept. 29, 2012, 5:30 am
Carmine says:
Oh Lisa you poor angry little girl. Couldn't sleep last night I see. 5:30 am wow, on a Saturday no less. You are a sad sad little girl. I missed you welcome back.
Sept. 29, 2012, 7:58 am
Bob from Queens says:
Go get them Carmine. My friend Al is a good man that truly cares about this community

Lynda, we need you to post more. Very nicely done!!
Sept. 29, 2012, 10:17 am
Sept. 29, 2012, 11:46 am
Carmine says:
Lou you are an ignoramus you questioned me and alleged that I was Alfredo so I reissued my question. So tell me you idiot who did I respond for? When are you going to respond to my questions?
Sept. 29, 2012, 3:29 pm
Lynda says:
Carmine, your a good friend and Al thanks you!!
Sept. 29, 2012, 4:02 pm
Lynda says:
Now someone is using my signature to allude to things.
Please why not use another pseudonym ??????
Sept. 29, 2012, 6:16 pm
Lisa from Whitestone says:
No question about the fact, Alfredo "Lynda" Centola is the one and only. Your a deeply troubled man.
Sept. 30, 2012, 8:41 am
Carmine says:
Oh, oooh my little Lisa you poor little
girl. Do you think about Carmine the way he thinks about his little weesa?

Come on my little weesa, oh oh oooh, my
little weeee sa.
Sept. 30, 2012, 9:39 am
Lynda says:
So Lisa in your world is everyone who comments negatively about our ineffective councilman Alfredo??????

How is an open Facebook page , the councilman's, making the paper an attempt to slander him??????

The fact that he lied on an open forum to a member of his constituency mean anything??????

You need to be made aware that as a public figure he is open to criticism especially when he lies and or his actions have a negative affect on the people he took an oath to represent!!!!!!

I do not know alfredo personally and I di know that he is not me and am only me......

Carmine is right you are truly a sad little girl within an obvious vendetta over something that was already public knowledge as it was done on an open page for everyone to see thank you for showing us what your agenda truly is......
Sept. 30, 2012, 9:41 am
Lisa says:
again, you are a deeply troubled man.
Sept. 30, 2012, 12:57 pm
Lynda says:
When you say " you are deeply troubled" ate you referring to your 3:30 am posts or your 5:30 am posts??????

Or your admitted " love to hate " obsession??????

Troubles indeed!!!!!!
Sept. 30, 2012, 3:29 pm
Lisa says:
No, I am referring to you, Alfredo!
Sept. 30, 2012, 3:58 pm
Al says:
Sad songs they hey hey so ......................

Sad sad songs so long
Sept. 30, 2012, 6:41 pm
joe papillo from Trinity Fl. says:
Sounds like Lynda has alot of time on her hands.
Oct. 2, 2012, 9:46 am
Carmine says:
The guy from trinity Florida says lynda has to much time on her hands. You don't even live in the state !
Oct. 2, 2012, 1:02 pm
Mitch says:
Why can't a resident of Florida comment on Alfredo Centola's friend Lynda and her ranting? Isn't it nice to know your teams BS is viewed nationwide?
Oct. 2, 2012, 1:30 pm
Carmine says:
Of course and now you know who's friends with who What are you one of those pshycics or something?
Oct. 2, 2012, 2:43 pm
Mitch says:
You and Lynda do a very nice job spelling out your hatred. You should read your own words before questioning the sanity of others.
Oct. 2, 2012, 9:51 pm
Lynda says:
Carmine wrote physic not psychotic, you stupid moron!!
Oct. 2, 2012, 11:35 pm
Tony from Whitestone says:
Lynda and Carmine beside the fact you both have mean spirited anger issues, nothing you two have posted is correct. Actually, if readers wish to know what is true, they should take all of your comments and substitute the opposite.
Oct. 4, 2012, 9:20 am
Lynda says:
Pelasse Tony do elaborate. How were my comments wrong??????
Oct. 4, 2012, 2:44 pm
Andrew says:
City Councilman Halloran explained his position very clearly. You have the option to disagree with him but you can not change truth with your made up facts.
Oct. 4, 2012, 3:47 pm
Lynda says:
Again, who is making up facts??????
Oct. 4, 2012, 4:08 pm
Lisa from Whitestone says:
Andrew, for the record, Lynda and Carmine is Alfredo Centola, our local schizoblogger. Please don't waste your time with him.
Oct. 4, 2012, 4:53 pm
Andrew says:
Lisa your not alone, I know exactly who he is. Thanks.
Oct. 4, 2012, 5:32 pm
Carmine says:
Hey Andy you don't know me stop pretending. How's da water?
Oct. 4, 2012, 7:10 pm
Andrew says:
Centola, we know you all too well.
Oct. 5, 2012, 10:36 am
Andrew says:
Centola, we know you all too well.
Oct. 5, 2012, 10:36 am
Austin finen says:
Hey let's discus finances shall we?

"Duh well um I don't know about that I'm not the treasurer"

No worries mate your time is coming.

Cheers