Man shot and killed after billiards fight in Richmond Hill: NYPD and witnesses

Police tape hangs on a fence on 102nd Street, where a 21-year-old man was shot and killed early Saturday. Photo by Christina Santucci

One man was killed and another was injured in a shooting that took place in Richmond Hill early Saturday following a fight at a billiards hall, police and witnesses said.

At 2:30 a.m. police responded to reports of gunshots on 102nd Street and Jamaica Avenue and found 21-year-old Michael Tineo of Brooklyn with a gunshot wound to his back and another 17-year-old Hispanic man with a gunshot wound to his torso, according to the NYPD. Both men were taken to Jamaica Hospital, where Tineo was pronounced dead and the teen was listed in stable condition, poliace said.

According to witnesses, Tineo and the 17-year-old were among a group that was kicked out of a nearby billiards hall on Jamaica Avenue for fighting inside.

However, an employee at the billiards hall denied that the violence originated there.

Police said Sunday there had not yet been any arrests made in the shooting and no one had been identified as a suspect..

Reach reporter Karen Frantz by e-mail at kfrantz@cnglocal.com or by phone at 718-260-4538.

Print this story

John "ar" sanchez from Woodhaven, qu says:
The brother michael "saze" tineo's life was spared for absolutely nothing, but the torment of two families. Now not only will michael's family forever be broken due to our loss, but also the family of the killer who will have to face him getting arrested for a long time, asking them selves where did they go wrong? Michael will always remain loved, missed, and remembered by everyone who truly know how special this man was. I love you brother.
Oct. 8, 2012, 9:26 am
tiens_stk from eny says:
Saze was the realest person i ever new, its a tagedy loseing someone tht had there priorities straight and stood out of trouble, everyone has there flaws but this man was very blessed forever in our hearts.... Rip saze
Oct. 8, 2012, 9:58 am
Phats_stk_itf from Brooklyn says:
These reports are ——. R.I.P SAZE
Oct. 8, 2012, 11:01 am
Phats_stk_itf from Brooklyn says:
75% of the story isn't true..... Straight BS
Oct. 8, 2012, 11:02 am
Jay Slimee from Queens says:
My bro saze did not deserve this he wus a stand up guy who enjoyed his life and had friends and family who loved him dearly r.i.p bro foreva in my heart
Oct. 8, 2012, 11:59 am
alexandra from queens says:
my heart go to his family, specially his mother, I'm a mother and I cant imaging my life with out my son and it hurt me so much, to see our kids getting kill for gang violence, why? he was so young, he didn't deserve this but we can only pray that now he is with God, watching over his mother and family,and today and I'm sure he is screaming out of his lump to his brother in here, to please turn your life around and say no to violence, R.I.P. Saze.
Oct. 10, 2012, 7:43 pm
Maribel from Brooklyn says:
My son was the best loving and caring person . He was a person with a big heart always willing to help. The path that he choose wasnt the greatest and was aware that the family did not agreed with it . I was always there by his side giving him advice never did ever gave up on him and he knew this he was blessed by so much love from the family and michael always was assure of that. What happen really that day wasnt because of the life he chose it was really that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and thats the truth he had nothing to do with that fight. He was my shining star he was my pride my hero I love him and a coward took him from me and his brothers and he is truly missed . those who really know what happen and really misses michael come up and stand up.for him and if you know something say something cause im sure he would do the same for your family if he was here . Iam destroy my life makes no sense and is not fair that he had to died for picking up.for someone elses fight be a true hero a true soldier.and.salute.your friend that is no longer here to fight this battle I want justice I would like for the authorities to take care of this matter cause my holidays will never be the same .michael came in my dream and he came in my house and looked at me very angry and sad and I.ask him michael you came back oh wow, why you look so upset he told me mom what the hell mom is not fair what happen to me mom why why no one is doing anything tell them to firget about it ima go to thr cops mysrlf.. now that really hurts me and is very hard.for me to deal with everyday, michael I miss you I love you and I will not rest until justice is done my son you will rest in peace, I promise. Love you forevet
Nov. 25, 2012, 11:52 pm