|Print this story|
Given the devastation Hurricane Sandy and the nor’easter wreaked upon city residents, the community of Park Lane North in Forest Hills is contributing aid by way of rallied support and donations of clothing and food from residents and outside contributors.
Aided by City Councilwoman Karen Koslowitz (D-Forest Hills) and state Assemblyman Mike Miller (D-Woodhaven), victims have experienced a slow but steady increase in much-needed aid.
The PLN board of directors must be thanked, in addition to Superintendent Nicolas Pescetto and his staff for their support. Also, the concerned efforts of the folks at Mark Greenberg Real Estate LLC, PLN’s management company, must also be lauded.
PLN’s drop-off hours are Wednesdays from 4 p.m. to midnight, Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Fridays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. PLN is at 118-17 Union Tnpk., Forest Hills, NY 11375. The front desk phone number is 718-263-4832.
The following items are in high demand:
• Baby items: jars of baby food, formula, bottles, diapers, wipes, juice for kids and powdered milk.
• Medical items: baby cough medicine, Band-Aids, Neosporin, Ace bandages, Advil and Tylenol.
• Essential items: work gloves; all types of batteries; flashlights; face masks; thick, black plastic, contractor bags; warm blankets; toiletries; and feminine hygiene products.
• Essential food items: bottled water, orange juice, apple juice, granola bars, jelly, bread, gluten-free foods and various soups.
• Cleaning supplies: mops; brooms; shovels; bleach; various cleaning products, solvents and antiseptics; paper towels; and rubber gloves.
• Electronics: any kind of disposable cameras will do.
Anything people feel in their hearts to donate will be much welcomed.
©2012 Community Newspaper Group
|Print this story|
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.