South Jamaica teen killed in second shooting since July

Darryl Adams speaks about being shot while recuperating in Jamaica Hospital last year.

A South Jamaica teen who had been shot last year was gunned down early Friday morning at the South Jamaica Houses, police said.

Darryl Adams, 18, was found unconscious and unresponsive with his alleged murderer standing over him, gun in hand, by plainclothes police officers who responded to the sound of gunshots fired in front of 107-11 159th Street around 12:30 a.m., according to the NYPD.

The officers chased the 19-year old suspect when he fled to a 2009 Chevy Malibu occupied by two teenagers and arrested him without incident, police said. Two firearms, one a.25 caliber and another .22 caliber, were discovered near the location, according to police.

Adams was pronounced dead at the scene, the NYPD said.

The young man, who played basketball for the Amateur Athletic Union’s Queens Blackhawks, survived a shooting earlier this summer in St. Albans that injured two of his friends and killed another.

Adams and his teenage friends were laughing and joking as they were walking back from a birthday barbecue in the early morning when shots rang out, he told TimesLedger Newspapers back in July. A police source said an unknown number of suspects got out of two black cars and shots were fired, killing one of the teens.

Terrell Fountain, 18, died on his way to Jamaica Hospital from wounds suffered in the July 3 shooting.

Reach reporter Rich Bockmann by e-mail at rbockmann@cnglocal.com or by phone at 718-260-4574.

Tristan from Laurelton says:
i miss my bro gone too soon
March 2, 2012, 8:14 pm
Toby from East New York says:
He was a good kid with a bright future. Gone to soon.
March 2, 2012, 8:24 pm
Jude from Queens Village says:
One Kid With A Bright Future. . . Smh I Love You Man
R.I.P. Darryl. . .
March 2, 2012, 8:25 pm
Andeka from Queens Village says:
R.I.P Darryl im ganna miss wakin up to your text you were such a kind-hearted person .. Gone to soon :'(
March 2, 2012, 8:34 pm
Matthew from Southside says:
S.I.P Darryl
March 2, 2012, 8:35 pm
Jasmine from South Jamaica says:
Ball in Peace to my brother Darryl Ima miss u still cant beleive that u are qone.. Will never be forgotten love u bro
March 2, 2012, 8:35 pm
stephanie says:
i miss u odee :'(
March 2, 2012, 8:36 pm
stephanie from south jamaica says:
i miss u odeee :'(
March 2, 2012, 8:36 pm
Geovanni from Rosedale says:
you were sooo cool . R.I.P ypu in a Betta Place
March 2, 2012, 8:43 pm
Nayah from Southside says:
Only Knew you for 5Mnths But we definatly clicked :/ i miss youu ! Rest In Peace
March 2, 2012, 8:45 pm
Alonzo Martino from Baisley says:
I was just with you yesterday at the PAL bro its still hard to believe that your gone :'( we miss you and love you Boyy , 40 hold y'all head
March 2, 2012, 8:45 pm
Bryonna from Southside says:
My big brother. I will really miss you bothering me and calling me big head from 40 park while you was playing basketball. Im Truly Missing You. Sleep.In.Peace . Watch Over Me.
March 2, 2012, 8:48 pm
Laury from St.albans says:
Never really met Darryl but he was my friend on Facebook & the conversation we had over the Internet was so deep as if we were friends for years. Smh stop gun violence man. I'll miss you :( RIP
March 2, 2012, 8:50 pm
everyone 222 block from Laurelton says:
We Miss you Big D
March 2, 2012, 8:54 pm
derek from southside says:
where the good die young & the bad dont even last L.i.p bro Smhh ...
March 2, 2012, 9:01 pm
Titi from Hillside says:
Darryl imyyy - I know u are in a better place right now . RIP :/
March 2, 2012, 9:08 pm
Ammaray from jamacia says:
forever in our hearts .. love you darryl . Rest in peace, you in a better place now
March 2, 2012, 9:13 pm
Unique from Southside says:
You Will Always Be Missed, Watch Over Us Darryl. Lovee Yuhhh. R.I.P Babyboy :'(
March 2, 2012, 9:14 pm
Victoria Barlow from south ozone park says:
haven't seen you in a while still cant believe you are gone, Rest in peace
March 2, 2012, 9:24 pm
ImAaliyah from Rosedale says:
Omgg Darryl ... I miss uu* broooo Rest In Peace
March 2, 2012, 9:26 pm
Aj from Springfield says:
Brooo I still can't believe it! I'm in tears man, I ran into you on the ave a lil while ago and u was still considering what me and ya pops was talking about, but now your in a better place. Things were looking up, RIP Darryl
March 2, 2012, 9:27 pm
basketball mom from st Albans says:
I knew you since junior high, you were alway so soft spoken, love the game. hate to see you leave so soon. My son has known you from junior high to high. love seeing you play. you will be miss Big D
March 2, 2012, 9:30 pm
Aubrey from Southside says:
R.I.P bro .. smhhh —— juss aint right
March 2, 2012, 9:30 pm
Vivian from rosedale says:
i love you so much, r.i.p Darryl i still cant believe itt ,you will always be in my heart
March 2, 2012, 9:31 pm
Shelly from Southside says:
I texted you this morning hoping you would text back. I couldn't believe I was just talking to you yesterday...R.I.P. Darryl.
March 2, 2012, 9:34 pm
Amber from Southside 40 says:
Sleep in peace babyboy you will truly be missed by everyone Love You Bambam
March 2, 2012, 9:49 pm
Ashley says:
it hasnt hit me yet but damn darryl you really gone ? not seeing you on the ave everyday like always will never be the same , you was a good ass kid . all you wanted to do was finish school & play ball ''/ .
March 2, 2012, 10:08 pm
Mr T from IS 231 says:
I'm really sorry to hear about Darryl. He was my student and was a very funny young man. He would always tell me that " when he blew up he would never forget me". We would have a laugh over that. I pray for his family that God will give them strength at this most difficult time.
March 2, 2012, 10:14 pm
Ashley matos from Jamaica queens says:
Darryl nomatter what u still in our hearts we love u and miss u I grew up with this man and he wasn't suppose to go yet he had so much ahead of him he was a good kid
March 2, 2012, 10:19 pm
shay from southside says:
smh this cant be lifee son . . ''/
March 2, 2012, 10:31 pm
his mother from queens ny says:
I thank u all for the wounderful comments abt my son Darryl..I love him so much it wasnt anything that I wouldnt do for my son..but nw god has him and will finish keepin up my good work with takin care of him...Mommie loves u and u wont b forgotten...
March 2, 2012, 10:36 pm
Southside from 40pjs says:
R.I.P Darryl Watch Over Your Family, Protect Them Frm Any Harm Or Danger... Us As Black People Need To Not Fight One Another, Stick Together
March 2, 2012, 10:39 pm
kayy from jamaica queens says:
why you darryl man i dont wanna believe it, gone but never forgotten.
March 2, 2012, 10:40 pm
mrs cottman says:
My prayers go to his mother and family. He was a good kids and always had jokes.R.I.P
March 2, 2012, 10:44 pm
Tosha from Queens says:
My Heart Goes Out ToThe Family......
March 2, 2012, 10:48 pm
Justin from Southside says:
R.I.P. darrly gone 2 soon
March 2, 2012, 10:48 pm
Star from Southside says:
R.i.p u will truly be missed...
March 2, 2012, 10:52 pm
sha-nay from 40pjs says:
U and my son were like brothers, ur truly gonna be missed. A good kid gone to soon. Me and your mom always looked out for each other's kids. I should have been there.. R.I.P young man..
March 2, 2012, 10:53 pm
VACHIA from QUEENS says:
CUZZIN IM GONNA MISS U SOOOOO MUCH WORDS CNT EXPLAIN THE PAIN THAT I FEEL RIGHT NOW THAT U ARE GONE.... I LOVE AND I MISS U SIP AND RIP BABY BOY... U WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART
LOVE YA
March 2, 2012, 10:56 pm
Nicky from Queens says:
My heart goes out to his family. From one mother to another I wish I could take the pain away. This is horrible. :(
March 2, 2012, 11:07 pm
Jennifer from south Jamaica says:
R.i.p Darryl
March 2, 2012, 11:08 pm
Sha-money from South Jamaica queens says:
On a serious note Real your corny for that comment 2 parents just lost a young son to fun violence yea he was a good kid he was SHOT he wasn't SHOOTING so that makes him a bad kid? Better pray one day you don't go thru what his parents are going thru bcu then you will see the pain that's resignating through his family heart you sterile douche bag. FAM 1ST you lame punk.
March 2, 2012, 11:09 pm
Sha-money from South Jamaica queens says:
*Gun violence
March 2, 2012, 11:11 pm
Erica(Hope's daughter) from 40pjs says:
R.I.P Darryl. My prayers are with the family....
March 2, 2012, 11:13 pm
Ms. P from Jamaica says:
I didn't know Darryl, but I've knew his mother. We grew up in the same neighborhood. My prayers go out to her & the family. We don't understand everything but know that God is a comforter & will catch every tear & collect your pain.
March 2, 2012, 11:13 pm
gia from rocaway. says:
So sorry to the parents and all those who are hurting,my prayer is the god will keep all of u,god bless.
March 2, 2012, 11:14 pm
Neq from South Side says:
This is so sad! The violence needs to STOP! My heart goes out to the FAMILY especially the mother loosing a child is the hardest! Y'all are definitely in prayers.... R.I.P Darryl
March 2, 2012, 11:17 pm
eliza from south jamaica says:
rip darryl u will truely be missed, words cant explain how i feel rite all i can the about is the talk we had. u were like one of my sons, i kn u re watching over all of us
March 2, 2012, 11:17 pm
Crystal from 40 projects says:
My condolence goes out to the family the sad part is he is so young and had a bright future his life was taken over something so petty but he is with GOD now and without a doubt we all will meet up with him again!! R.I.P Darryl
March 2, 2012, 11:18 pm
Aaron from Hollis says:
R.I.P Darryl
You will be missed bro
March 2, 2012, 11:23 pm
CeCe from SOUTHSIDE says:
darryl was a kind hearted kid that had goals in life. he really wanted to better him self & its crazy this happen it feels so unreal R.I.P Darryl im really going to be miss you.
March 2, 2012, 11:26 pm
Neq from South Side says:
REAL huh????? Your a real ——! You have the nerve to write some disrespectful s?*t when some one just lost a child,brother,grand child,nephew...... The nerve of you D%&K HEAD nothing a** U low life you have no remorse for someone's life. You need prayer! If u knew better you would do better. That's why u put a bogus a; name cause if peeps knew who u were they would definitely ask what color Casket u want & the flowers to go with it D#%K H%$D. NO disrespect to the family but the nerve of this person......
March 2, 2012, 11:35 pm
P.S from 40 says:
i've known this family my whole life Darryl and his siblings are all extremely respectful and down to earth i am extremely saddened by this sudden loss

i'll miss him taking my food and beverages i could never be mad at him because he'd do it so polite and nonchalantly lol then it'd click like wait hold up

Love you always Darryl
March 2, 2012, 11:47 pm
Sha from Southside says:
Rip bro i love youu sobbing can't believe you gone ; you taught me how to do a lay up :( smh sleep in peace brother ima see you soon i love youu brother :(
March 2, 2012, 11:49 pm
TaLL CaNdIce from Southside JamaIca says:
Pray As a FaMiLy... ThEse's poinTLess KiLLings hAve to stop. Im Speaking from a victim's sister view. GreaT yOung mAn losted Resting in Peace DaRryl. R.I.P DoNNELL 1982~2002 my HeaRt (My bRothEr) LosTed caRelessly in the streets of Jamaica Queens
March 3, 2012, 12:15 am
iLove says:
My prayers go out to his family and loved ones...

Lord please watch over the youth & guide them down the right path....
No more pain...

R.I.P Darryl
March 3, 2012, 12:16 am
John says:
Cutting Classes & Joking in the Hallway smhh I won't forget it. You & Terrell Good Now Partying with the stars Save me a spot BE HOME SOON
March 3, 2012, 12:44 am
Coppo from Southside says:
R.i.P Darryl .. Da Good Die Yung .. U In A Better Place Now .. I Sent Luv To Ya Moms And Da Rest Of Ya Family and Close Friends .. Smh
March 3, 2012, 12:48 am
Britney from Sutphin says:
I Remember One Day You Told Me Too Take My Ponytail Out My Head Because That Was Your Style For Tha Day &nd We Laughed &nd Agreed Too Get Our Hair Done Together ! You Was Real Cool &nd Imma Miss You R.I.P. Baby Boy Darryl You Gone But I Won't Forget You
March 3, 2012, 12:54 am
Britney from Sutphin says:
March 3, 2012, 12:55 am
Justin from Rosedale says:
Still Member The First Day I met You One Of The Nicest "thug" Ever So Serious
March 3, 2012, 1:06 am
Denise from south side queens says:
Didn't know him but my heart go,s out to his mother family and friends its sad when u loss some one wit so much promises in life and from reading all the comments a lot to offer the world my he got ever R.I.P
March 3, 2012, 1:06 am
BABES from SOUTHSIDE says:
IM SORRY 2 C ANOTHA LUVED 1 LEAVIN SO SOON HE HAD HIS WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF HIM N IT BREAKS MY HEART dat it was cut so short.... MAY HIS SOUL REST N PEACE MY PRAYERS GO OUT 2 EVERY1 EFFECTED BY DIS TRAGEDY PPL NEED 2GROW UP VIOLENCE IS NOT DA ANSWER
March 3, 2012, 1:08 am
Randy from rosedale says:
Yo darryl imma miss u sun
March 3, 2012, 1:14 am
Lorenzo from Southside says:
Rip
March 3, 2012, 1:17 am
Lorenzo from Southside says:
Rip
March 3, 2012, 1:17 am
Neillie from Merrick ! says:
All I can do is cry I love you Darryl r.i.p you will always be missed ... Smh
March 3, 2012, 1:22 am
sheree sapp from jamaica says:
Theres a land far far away where no. Night comes its always day the streets are paved with gold I'm told he where none ever grows old r.i.p darrell i didn't know him personally but my daughters did in my heart goes out to his family especially his mom
March 3, 2012, 1:31 am
Kev.P from Queens says:
Wish It Was A Dream You Aint Deserve This ..... Rest In Peace Boy Ima Miss You Presence !
March 3, 2012, 1:59 am
Sa from Southside says:
R.I.P, God Bless
March 3, 2012, 2:39 am
Ife from Merrick says:
This teen violence gotta stop...it has to smh r.i.p....
March 3, 2012, 2:57 am
Mia says:
May your soul forever Rest In Peace......R.I.P. Darryl
March 3, 2012, 3:10 am
Seann from East Ny & Laurelton says:
RiP Bro W2 —— Gon MissYou ; Damn Gone Too Soon .
March 3, 2012, 3:30 am
ringer from queens says:
rip
March 3, 2012, 3:59 am
Rah from Southside ! says:
The hood hurting right now but trust we gone get through this....RIP Darryl Loveee Youuu
To his family keep your head up...look forward to brighter days, he's in a better place
March 3, 2012, 4:27 am
Daisy from Southside says:
R.i.p Darryl... I remember first crushing on u then being ur "gf" in elementary. you gave me my 1st peck. I seen u recently on the ave and we exchanged numbers wanting to stay in touch becuz aim was played out...
I still have ya pic on my myspace profile page...

now youre gone. :(
Rest In peace babes.
GoneBut never forgotten
March 3, 2012, 4:30 am
HIS UNCLE D.J FANTASY from SOUTHSIDE/NORTHSIDE says:
1st I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR COMMENTS, IT'S GOOD TO SEE THAT MY NEPHEW TOUCHED A LOT OF YALL. MY NEPHEW WAS SHOT LAST YEAR & HIS GRANDMOTHER PASSED ALSO THAT ALONE SHOOK-UP THE FAMILY SO YOU COULD IMAGINE WHAT WE'RE GOING THREW NOW. A DEATH WAS GOING TO BE THE OUTCOME THAT FRIDAY MORNING IT JUST HAPPEN TO BE MY NEPHEW. —— HURTS. WHAT THE —— IS GOING ON WITH YALL YOUGINS OUT THERE, YALL HAVE NO HURT, LIFE MEANS NOTHING TO YALL, TAKING A LIFE IS ON A (DEMONIC LEVEL). IT'S LIKE AND EVIL SPELL IS PUT ON THE HOODS. SEEK KNOWLEDGE & STOP THE VIOLENCE..... R.I.P NEPHEW KISS GRANDMA FOR ME.......
March 3, 2012, 6:02 am
mel from southside says:
Its crazy how we wasmin the college office at school Nd you showed me this picture (above) Nd was like dont ever show nobody this photo..nd its beeing seen all over the world..i love you bro and everything we spoke about i can never forget
March 3, 2012, 6:58 am
Nichar from Queens says:
I finnaly got the strength to say R.I.P to you i just cant belive how someone can just be gone so fast this to me is really heartbreakinq never really knew you but we had small convo's you in a better place now i still cant belive thiss i just cant but condolences go to your fam hope they can get thru this may god bless
March 3, 2012, 8:15 am
white boi from brooklyn says:
Dam boi...I never known you..but heard alote about you..you are good person .......its Fuk up the Goood die young.....
March 3, 2012, 8:19 am
princess from southside says:
Gone to soon ..s.i.p
March 3, 2012, 8:21 am
Eric from Mott Haven says:
Damn son you in a better place now ball in peace. I know you was gonna kill the circuit this summer with Sani see you soon my g.
March 3, 2012, 8:21 am
tia from Southside says:
R.I.P Darryl
He was a goood kid who had a good ass heart was well manner , he was just a good person everybody loved him for him wenever ur sad he makes u happy , well d u in a better place now god is going to take care of u for us love u kido . Chocolate was the nickname we gave each other . R.i.p D
March 3, 2012, 8:56 am
B.O. from Southside says:
Wanna start by saying my prayers go out to D and your mom, God will be there for this hard time I know its really hard to deal with be strong .........now for the rest of u Lil punks doing shhhh and running back to the Hood and putting people in danger that crazy !!! MSN up or stay in a kids place or ur lane ....... Rip Lil man ....O and to the so called parents need to watch ur kids more often ok
March 3, 2012, 8:58 am
Holt from Edison High School says:
Do not know what to say. Another Edison student gone this year. This one hits a little deeper because he played for me his first year at Edison. I could never make him relize that he had to pass a class to play, but I could see that he loved the game. He always seem to be playing Basketball. Now he is playing with someone bigger than all of us. Going to miss seeing you around Edison. R.I.P. Darryl!!!!!!!!!!!
March 3, 2012, 9:16 am
jay from queens says:
R.I.P Darryl I love && miss you so much still can't believe your really gone you were so sweet
March 3, 2012, 9:25 am
princess from south bronx says:
Disgusted by the events so frequently claiming the precious lives of our youth. Just cried my eyes out for the lost of such a promising life of a young man I didn't even know yet the pain resonating thru out this thread made it so real to me. Death is inevitable I just wish it was more sensible like natural causes instead our own ignorance becoming us. RIP young man may god bless and forever keep u. My condolences to the mother, family and friends.
March 3, 2012, 9:38 am
jigz from southside says:
So heartbreaking to read that once again, another man so young and so loved and cherished by so many has been killed in the streets of our hood! This the very beginning of a lifelong struggle that those who love him deal with. I pray for the strength of all who love him. R.I.P Young King!
March 3, 2012, 9:39 am
keanu says:
this is crazy i saw him juss the other day..r.i.p man.. n my prayer goes out to u n ur family
March 3, 2012, 9:45 am
Simone from Rosedale says:
Gone to soon , he was such a warm hearted person :( ..

why must the good die youngg .
March 3, 2012, 9:47 am
Taice from South side says:
R.i.p D didn't know you but I've heard a lot about you , you were famous & brought joy to a lot of people , gone too soon
March 3, 2012, 9:50 am
shannette from merrick says:
omg i miss you soo muchhh darryl: S.i.p Broo :'( see you sooon!!!
March 3, 2012, 9:59 am
Nicekon81 from Southside says:
Smh lost for words.....R.I.P young man
March 3, 2012, 9:59 am
BONEY from Bedstuy says:
Never met Darryl he went to school with a good friend of mine son, reading all the positive post and out pouring of love he seemed to be a good guy. My prayers go out to his friends and family. R.I.P Darryl. Young people yall have to stop the senseless violence. Especially black on black crime. For 10 yrs i worked as an EMT with the New York City Fire Dept EMS and i've pronounced and placed a sheet over the heads of countless young black men who didnt get to live their lives and have a family on their own. IT HAS TO STOP PEOPLE AND I CALL UPON ALL PARENTS TOONITOR YOUR CHILDREN GUIDE THEM BE A CONSTANT PRESENT IN THEIR LIVES!!
March 3, 2012, 10:09 am
Mahendra from linden says:
R.i.p Daryl!!
March 3, 2012, 10:17 am
Brandon from Northside says:
This is sad. Darryl didn't deserve this. I'll keep the Adams family and 40p in my prayers. I know they grieving hard. Keep y'all heads up.
March 3, 2012, 10:18 am
jason from from 108 says:
R.i.p brozay we all gunna miss yu
March 3, 2012, 10:30 am
jay from queens says:
R.I.P man
gone way to soon had a bright future.
March 3, 2012, 10:34 am
Brooklyn boii says:
R.i.p
March 3, 2012, 10:41 am
neville from 40p says:
Rest in peace little bro ..god had a different plan for you thoughts and prayers for your loved ones and friends....
March 3, 2012, 10:47 am
Takima from Elmhurst says:
Smfh RIP Darryl still cant believe it we were just textin a couple days ago smfh no1 can tell me it was ur time 2 go smhhh
March 3, 2012, 11:01 am
JADR from Queens says:
Missing you so already..
March 3, 2012, 11:04 am
chrissy from cambria heights says:
this is sad smh.. R.I.P .. to many death .. ur in a better place
March 3, 2012, 11:06 am
shark from east elmhurst says:
R.I.P bro you will be missed Odee :(
March 3, 2012, 11:25 am
Buddha from Rochdale says:
Smhh Ball.in.peace you were such a good person not one person got a bad thing to say aboutchu :'( from you firing ii hope showed us how fast life can be gone & how we need to stop all this stupid fighting shid & get our lives together !fightin,beefin, arguing,stealing,gangs & guns is not cool anymore we lost another. Solider ! You won't be forgotten #wrddd
March 3, 2012, 11:44 am
T from NORTH$iDE says:
S.I.P. DA GOOD DIE YOUNG ..... U KNOW WHAT THEY SAY WHAT GOES AROUND COME AROUND.... MY PRAYERS GO OUT 2 DARRYL'S FAMILY and THE WHOLE 40 P HOLD YALL HEAD
March 3, 2012, 11:50 am
Shay from Edison says:
R.I.P Darryl, my condolences go out to his family members and all his friends, stay strong guys.
March 3, 2012, 11:59 am
kyle from hillside says:
R.I.P my bro. darryl
March 3, 2012, 12:13 pm
Donna Barrett from South Jamaica houses says:
R.i.p Darryl......gone... I'll never forget u!!!!!!! I will miss come home from work..... And seeing all of your in my Son's room just chilling. And seeing the smile on your face when I be saying time to go....... But you don't leave you will sit there 4 another 1 or so.......I'm so sorry that I did not know that was you laying out there.... :( because I will have sat with you untill your mom came. And remember I always love u..... Domo was just tell me last week u was 1 of the godfather to his son..... R.I.P.... Only if I can see that black handsome smile again......
March 3, 2012, 12:30 pm
Antiqua from Canarsie says:
I dnt kno him personally but I send my condolences out to his family. This black on black violence has to come to an end. I pray for his mom. R.i.p Darryl Adams
March 3, 2012, 12:49 pm
SHAQUANA from JAMAICA says:
im Darryls big cousin! he grew up around me with my little brothers and i watched them grow up. Our family is CLOSE! It hurts that hes gone and gone for nothing. these kids dont know what taking a life is about, you hardly lived your own life. YOU Shoot animals not ppl. we live in nyc so there arent any animals to shoot. soo My cousin always belived in shooting for the stars and of course the basketball hoops! I LOVE YOU DARRYL !See you when i get there

P.S FACEBOOK SHUD BE BANNED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 25 ! too much is stirring from facebook. they're using social networks for all of the wrong reasons. ONLY black folk smh black on black crime is overrated at this time but majority is kids under 19 smh SAD!!! something has to give! its beyond horrible
March 3, 2012, 1:01 pm
LEIDY from Queens says:
Sip u will be missed
March 3, 2012, 1:03 pm
Basketball Mike #12 from Southside Jamaica Queens says:
damnn man smh...R.I.P Darryl man you didnt deserve this and most of all you had a bright future in basketball and you was a good kid. I remember making jokes with you and seeing you in rochdale just converseing after jarred introduced us. I'm going to pray for you and your family man. your in a MUCH better place.
March 3, 2012, 1:09 pm
Latisha from Southside says:
Even though we havent spoken in sometime u still lived in my heart and will continue to do so. I love u Darryl S.I.P baby!
March 3, 2012, 1:28 pm
toya from far rock says:
RIP we all love u and miss u soooo much:'(
March 3, 2012, 1:35 pm
Priscilla from South Jamaica Queens says:
Rest in Peace Darryl :( you were loved and won't be forgotten
March 3, 2012, 1:45 pm
Angela from Baisley says:
Though I never met you were someone from my hood , I'm sorry you had to go like that /: Rest In Peace
March 3, 2012, 1:47 pm
Tanisha from Queens/Bronx says:
I would like to send my condolences and sympathies to Darryl's parents Shanta and Nigel as well as the rest of his family and friends in their time of loss. I wish no parent had to go through this, especially for nothing! When will the senseless violence stop! R.I.P. Darryl
March 3, 2012, 1:49 pm
Kim from Parsons Blvd says:
What happened,,,,,,somebody really wanted him gone 2nd attempt on his life...very sad.
March 3, 2012, 1:55 pm
Natasha Gales from New jersey says:
My hearts goes so deep to you& your family right now dnt no you are your child but I” ll stand by you to the end off this earth:'(
March 3, 2012, 1:56 pm
A Mommy from Rochdale says:
My daughters just told me about this story and we have been reading all the love that this young man possessed! My heart and prayers goes out to the Adams family from me and my children! SIP Master Adams, I didn't know this young man but I have 3children and we have got to do better as a community, race and a family!
March 3, 2012, 2 pm
Silky Slim from southside 40 P says:
My condolences go out to the family and friends of this bright young teenager who had a promising future. R.I.P. Darryl. Shanta Merrit may G.O.D. protect and watch over you and your loved ones.
March 3, 2012, 2:03 pm
Supreme from Southside SNL says:
R.I.P. Baby boy my GOD watch over your family and keep them strong! Another promising life taken over B.S. Please young ppl stop the violence!! You are suppose to be our future! Pray!!!!
March 3, 2012, 2:47 pm
BG from 40PjS says:
1st&4most condolences goes out to the merritt family..where can I start I've known this child since birth even remember his moms used to call him&his brother didi&bop.whenever&where ever I seen DaRRYL,he will be smilin we joke played so much always askin him abt school&don't love those girls b/c we are goin to the nba he will say forsho.seen Darryl in the BX,I had 20/20 questions I said its 12:30 I hope you're not ridin that train hm showed him where I lived&gave him my#,if he had to leave his gf&said be careful out here tooked his pic his exact words u goin to post it on fb,I said sure is we just laugh then he said you so carin I said pull ur pants up boy Bilal have not said one word since Darryl left I will always tease him by sayin you know Bilal was your moms&auntie baby before he say word that's my brother for life.Twin you will be missed I can at least say DarryL was love sleep on son...
March 3, 2012, 2:55 pm
Young C from Long island says:
Ma prays goes out to ur fam bro S.I.P
Onelove
March 3, 2012, 2:56 pm
an from j says:
why was he killed wat happend
March 3, 2012, 2:59 pm
sonny from brooklyn says:
R.I.P bro...i was just chillin wit u bro now u gone...smh...im bout to get your name tatted bro.....damn i was chillin wit u three dayz ago now i hear this ——...we gunna miss u broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
March 3, 2012, 3:39 pm
sonny from brooklyn says:
yooo bro i rem......when we was in the same class in p.s.40 ..those was the dayz...we was on the same b.ball team &all that...you &your bro was my fav......twins love yall ——
March 3, 2012, 3:50 pm
poject from 40P says:
Such a great and respectfull young man. From a solid rock A one family. My heart goes out to the family. May God Bless You young man, R.I.P.
March 3, 2012, 4:31 pm
Dawn from Saint Albans says:
God took the BEST, to warn the REST!!!
I really pray that we all learn something from this senseless murder. Darryl is gone forever and another young man will probably be locked up forever. No one wins!!! My heart goes out to Darryl's mother and family!! May God comfort you and give you peace.
Sleep in Paradise Darryl.... Definitely gone too soon!!
March 3, 2012, 4:46 pm
Darryl from Rockaway says:
RIP D tell me how good of a jumper God has.
March 3, 2012, 4:47 pm
Andre from Southside Jamaica says:
S.I.P Darryl we miss you bro see you soon
March 3, 2012, 5:54 pm
Ladyinpink from Southside says:
R.I.P. Darryl U and ur family r n my heart and n my prayer for ever. We need to get a place where we can keep our kids safe from these crazy people like this. We have to take a STAND TO STOP THE VIOLENCE.Lets us all go to court and make sure the give them judgement they deserve
March 3, 2012, 6:07 pm
Peaches from Hillside says:
So sad. S.i.p
March 3, 2012, 6:09 pm
Jasmine from South Jamaica says:
The tears juss keep coming down and it only been day 2 that he is not here with us....I miss my bro Darryl he was a qood ball player n idk why it had to be him for.. B.I.P Darryl i will never forqet the days you made me lauqh
March 3, 2012, 6:27 pm
Southside from 40ps says:
Rip darryl gone but never for goten we love u we are all going to ball everyday just like u did love u
March 3, 2012, 7:35 pm
REED FAMILY from S. JAMAICA says:
We were looking forward to you rolling with us in the basketball tournamanet this summer. We often talked about u missing it last year and u being MVP this year. U will forever be our MVP..R.I.P. from Michelle & Moma Reed...Twin & Family we love u.
March 3, 2012, 8:22 pm
mike wanda hunt son from southside jamaica queens says:
Words cant explain how i feel right now i watched yuh nd yur brutha grow up wt my lil brutha in ps 40 i love yuh like a brutha yuh was a star in a makin yuh will always be missed bro tell my mom i said hello nd i miss her as well
March 3, 2012, 8:24 pm
Ash Banks from Hollis says:
Smh , Imma Really Miss You Darryl . It Really Shoulda Never Happened . I Love You , Listening To Your Fav Song
March 3, 2012, 9:07 pm
Aliya D from Saint albans says:
I miss u ur in a better place R.I.P
March 4, 2012, 2:11 am
Jordan from Cambria says:
R.I.P darryl , We gone miss you boii
March 4, 2012, 2:46 am
Concerned Citizen says:
It is terrible that these children are killing each other. It makes me say where are the murderer's parents. The parents should be held accountable for their children. If the parents instill the fear of god in these wayward teens, the children would not do the bad things that they do. It hurts me so, to look at that video. An innocent boy is dead. I hope these boys never get out of jail. It is terrible, and the children are so stupid, there are cameras everywhere now, you will get caught idiots.
March 4, 2012, 3:14 am
Naeem from Southside queens says:
i dont really know darryl but he looks familiar and from so many mutual friends we have, we would have met eventually whether its a party or playing basketball .....R.I.P man my hart goes out to your family and close friends that really loves you. it sucks to see another youth go out the way u did and its not fair for u or anyone else because u had a lot of ppl who clearly loves u. sorry it had to be this way from hearing ppl talk about u on FB u seemed to have a bright future ahead of u...... R.I.P once again
March 4, 2012, 5:03 am
Muhammad from TX/40p says:
Another very sad story to read and hear about, I'm was just there few weeks ago buring one of my older bro.Kenny(rip).This young man Darryl(rip) grew up with my grand nephew. Listen dear people, Many of Our Youth are giving up on being a youth, I was a youth in this same Hood, we had so much fun as Children, they are not enjoying life, how special it is to open your eyes in the Morning, we need you to become Adults, I know Life is boring, and it suppose to be, yes you can have some fun but it has to clean fun where no one is getting hurt or Killed, We have to get on the Job, we have alot of work to do to keep this type of Killing by so many young person. SMH! Young people change your ways, change your thinking, I hear you screaming out for Help!
March 4, 2012, 7:44 am
his little brother says:
Darryl I will always miss you u really didnt deserve that when I heard the news abt u it shut me down love u bro u will always be missed
March 4, 2012, 10:09 am
his little brother says:
Darryl when I heard the news it shut me down like desver better then that I will never ever ever forget u love u bro r.i.p
March 4, 2012, 10:17 am
GG says:
R.I.P , I only said Hi and Bye to you , Gone But never Forgotten
March 4, 2012, 10:46 am
lilly mason from bronx new york says:
my heart go out to family and friends I did not know this young man , may he rest in peace and may god bring comfort to his family and friend , it's just so sad how people have no regards for life this day and time , he is now in gods hands and no one can do any more to hurt him he is safe god bless.
March 4, 2012, 11:33 am
ezekiel mathews from bronx says:
i dont know darryl but may he rest in peace he or his family didnt deserv this those lil dirty —— yo i got so much other to say but the feds rip d word..i woke up reading that the other morning and it broke me down i hollered at my peeps nobody on my end is cosigning that ms adams sorry for your lost...
March 4, 2012, 12:49 pm
reema from southside says:
Smh don't no you but my aunt and mom do and I was told ur mom use to do my hair when I was younger! With that being said rip from what I c u will Dec. Be missed. A mother should never have to bury her. Child/Ren
March 4, 2012, 1:13 pm
Monae Brown from SouthSide Jamacia Quuens #Han says:
Rip Darryl We Will Miss You !
March 4, 2012, 2:22 pm
Kimberley from Rosedale says:
R.I.P Darryl, i will miss you sooo much! i love you!
March 4, 2012, 3:40 pm
Regina from Laurelton says:
My heart and prayers go out to Darryl's mother and father and the entire family. May he rest in peace in the everlasting glory of Jesus Christ in the home of the lord. And yes this black on black crime needs to end.
Many blessings to all that loved and knew Darryl.
March 4, 2012, 4:46 pm
Diane Littles from Cambria Heights says:
My deepest condolences to Darryl's family. Prayers for healing, comfort and peace.

How do we stop these killings in our community? Rest in Peace Darryl.
March 4, 2012, 6:06 pm
TEE from South side jamaica queens says:
It's sad that you had to go so young Darryl you will be missed I just hope that one day your friends and everyone around that's watching how hurt 4o is right now realize life is not worth taking from someone you don't hurt just the person you hurt the family and others that put them self in the situation like damn we all staying strong with the mother of darryl Twin you truly was n still is a great mom never heard anything about your kids that was out of order it's so sad I swear my mother n brother is praying for you and the fam to be healed but trust me I know that Darryl above being a angle will heal your pain quicker then you think cause he was a angle walking now hes a angle flying with powers to look over your whole family god bless R.I.P Darryl MVP of heaven
March 4, 2012, 6:48 pm
TEE from South side jamaica queens says:
Angel**
March 4, 2012, 6:54 pm
Keda from South Jamaica says:
I Really Misss You Darryl , You Didnt Deserve This At All ... Sleep & Peace . See You When I Get There . Watch Over Me
March 4, 2012, 7:33 pm
Niasia from South Jamica says:
i may not have been that close to him but i sure did grow up in the same hood as him and its jus crazy that this happrned to a person who didnt deserve it at all smh my heart has been in my stomach since the morning i found out and it still is i wanna give all my love too his family and wish them the best in life b/c this have to be such a hard time for them i love u darryl we all do may u rest in peace and watch over your friends and love ones R.I.P DARRYL
March 4, 2012, 7:43 pm
Jojo from Queens says:
Rip
March 4, 2012, 10:33 pm
Jboy from Los angeles says:
Rip
March 5, 2012, 12:01 am
iasia from southside jamaica says:
man the feeling I got in my heart right now about your death is that I wanna die also that's how much love I had for you darryl like you my buddy and even tho we had our ups and downs I still had love for you dawg so all I can say is look over ya family and most all ya lil siblings R.I.P DARRYL as alot of people say you is resting in a better place with drama free!!!
March 5, 2012, 12:25 am
jason from Astoria,queens says:
i miss u thats all b.i.p my brother, i got next game :/
March 5, 2012, 3:47 am
Mesia from SouthSide says:
Gone but never forgotten, love you bro he was a bright kid with big dreams with a future ahead of him. He was the best lord why did you have to take him away like this
March 5, 2012, 9:12 am
ianna from feast flatbush says:
I still cant believe my love is gone, we were just speaking an hour befor this. i really dont know how im going to go on without you, because it deffenitly will never be the same. im gunna miss you babes, and i know for a fact your watching down from above wishing everyone your best. i love you darryl and will never forget you..
March 5, 2012, 9:45 am
Coach Jones from Valley Stream says:
RIP Daryl. I watched you and Davonte grow up from PS40, to be good young men. It 's such a shame this is the way I have to remember you. I going to miss to the smiles and the joy you brought to other people. When you was at 231, I yelled at you all the time because I cared. Miss you. Hang in there mom and dad, I know it's hard. Be strong.
March 5, 2012, 11:02 am
Cleo from South Jamaica says:
My heart and condolences to the Merritt and Adams family words will never describe the pain that you guys are feeling. Darryl you will truly be missed S.I.P.
March 5, 2012, 12:39 pm
Mesia from South Jamaica says:
My heart and Condolences goes to the Merritt and Adams family. It's hard know that your gone but your never forgotten we will always miss you. The pain that we all are feeling right now it's hard to describe. I miss seeing you and Davonte growing up together. It's also hard for the Merritt and Adams family waking up know that your not home. Darryl I know that you are looking down on all of us. S.I.P
March 6, 2012, 9:28 am
Anthiano from Way down in Alabama says:
I most definitely don't know this young man but I was just on worldstarhiphop.com and saw the video. It bothered me to the point where I had to google this young man and read more about it. I send my deepest sympathy to his mother and family. I have never experienced your pain but I do have a 4 year old son of my own and I can't imagine my life without him. God is there with you and an everlasting comfort is he. I pray he gives you an unspeakable and everlasting peace. Be blessed.
March 6, 2012, 12:26 pm
Quanisha/Shirley from south side jamaica says:
R.I.P Darryl and i send my condolences to his mother ...... we remember him from the hood and i.s 231 .....thats true he loved ball .........
March 6, 2012, 1:41 pm
Cee Cee from Queens Old TImer(40) says:
MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO THE ADAMS FAMILY.HOWEVER,FOR THOSE WHO LIKE PLAYING WITH GUNS ETC.I SAY THE MILITARY NEEDS TO DO A MASSIVE RECRUITMENT.SEND OUR WORKING MILITARY BOYS HOME TO THEIR FAMILIES AND SEND THE STREET THUGS OVER TO IRAQ ETC,WHERE THEY WILL BE FREE(GUNS) TO GO AFTER THE ENEMY WITHOUT CARING.
THE LOSE OF A CHILD IS VERY PAINFUL,ESPECIALLY WHEN HE/SHE HAS A PROMISIBG FUTURE TO LEAVE THE"HOOD".
March 6, 2012, 3:01 pm
Roberto chung from Hillside says:
Darryl smh . I don't know how much times I'm gonna say I miss the lil bro . I have so much memories with you . One of the youngest varsity members for Edison high . It's sad to see our own race killing each other . R.i.p to Darryl one of my varsity brother . Just stop the violence !!!!!
March 6, 2012, 7:09 pm
gumby from jamaica queens says:
Damn I miss my little cousin I can't believe hes really gone...its crazy that someone can just say when its your time to leave this world and just end your life who the hell are you to do and say so? Darryl was a good kid with his whole life ahead of him he was still a baby in my eyes I love him and he will never be forgotten he will always be in our hearts...rest in peace darryl adams
March 7, 2012, 12:34 am
Gee from South Jamaica says:
Another senseless loss. Another young black male gone at the hands of gunfire and by his own people. Such ashame that we have to live in a society where there is so much hate for one another. The youth of today are insane and demonic like. These gangs and thugs who prey on innocent people are nothing but punks. That's right you are punks. I'm so glad that the miserable people behind this sensless act are caught and will probably never see the light of day. I never knew Darryl Adams but I am saddened by his loss. My condolences and prayers go out to his mother, family and friends. Rest assure his spirit lives! RIP Darryl Adams.
March 7, 2012, 5:34 am
Gee from South Jamaica says:
Another senseless loss. Another young black male gone at the hands of gunfire and by his own people. So sad that we have to live in a society where there is so much hate for one another. These gangs who prey on the innocent are punks. That's right you are punks. They are more than pure evil they are possessed. Thank god the punks who did this are where they belong and hopefully will never see the light of day. I never knew Darryl Adams but am saddened by his loss. My condolences and prayers to his mother, family and friends. His spirit lives! RIP Darryl Adams. Ps. To those punks out here creating hell for innocent people, why don't you join a real gang like the USArmy and go to Iraq and fight a real war. Punks!!!!!!!!
March 7, 2012, 5:49 am
Gee from South Jamaica says:
Another senseless death. Another young black male gone at the hands of gunfire and by his own people. So sad that we have to live in a society where there is so much hate for one another. These young gangs who walk around, possessed by the devil and who prey on innocent people are nothing but punks. That's right your punks. To take someones life in such a manner is cowardly. Thank god these punks got caught and are where they belong and hopefully will never see the light of day. I never knew Darryl but am saddened by his loss. My condolences and prayers to his mother, family and friends. His spirit lives!! RIP Darryl Adams. Ps to these punks out here who want to be in a gang, join the gang of the USArmy and go to Iraq to fight a real war!!
March 7, 2012, 6 am
Fabdon from Farmers says:
This really hurts . . I wish RIP meant return if possible . Save me a spot homie / Snow.G^
March 7, 2012, 8:44 am
Mrs. T from Rosedale says:
Words cannot express the sadness I feel. It may seem redundant to continuously read the same sentiments post after post, but the reality is; this young man was loved beyond words. Never would a time pass that he would see me at a game and not come over to give me a kiss on the cheek and flash a smile. My heart hurts beyond belief, but I have peace in the fact that I'm sure he's in the gates and the animals that took him are in a cage. RIP my young brother and condolences to the fam. Til we meet again twin :).
March 7, 2012, 9:08 am
GS from 40p says:
Rest In Peace my brother... DAMN!
March 8, 2012, 2:20 pm
Dee says:
I didn't know darryl just moved to the neighborhood just wanted to send my respect I've been following the story and sometimes when people see your potential in life they do theirbest to take it away rip darryl you had so much love on earth and even greater love in heaven
March 9, 2012, 12:29 am
jasmine from farrock says:
Im so truly sorry to hear what happened. i kept watching the video over and over my heart goes out to darryl's mother and father . i never met darryl BUT I KNOW hes was my cousin . the whole Ward family sends our condolences to his family nd we hope to rekindle at the funeral. sorry it took this long and this had to happen for us to meet . smh
March 10, 2012, 1:26 pm
Concerned neighbor from South Jamaica says:
Now that funeral services are over for Darryl Adams, what's next? Has anyone learned from this? The neighborhood is full of hundreds of people stopping by his building to say goodbye one more time. Maybe we should just let them, all kill each other. Bunch of animals!! Oh well, just another day in the hood!! Peace!!
March 13, 2012, Midnight
Genuine from Queens says:
Such a tragedy for such a young life. Please kids think before you do something to someone. It's not right to take someones life. You have no right. It affects everyone like in this case. It affected a whole community. We need peace in this world.
March 17, 2012, 2:24 am
Fourty pj's from Jamaica Queens says:
There is no end with out a beginning no left without right ,no life with out death,so for everyone thinking it's gonna stop it's not! People all over the world is getting killed since the beginning of time! it's never gonna end we have to train our young how to survive and make a dollar and stay alive free and if we can fit in education then we rolling but until then ....let ya kids know stay your behinds in the house so what if you can't have fun ? It's better then being in jail or in a casket try to get job or go outta town hustle or something it's no future in NYC for the youth
March 18, 2012, 7:37 pm
Relly from St Albans says:
thats sad how u died so early. who ever killed should think about what they did to you. you had a bright future. now who am i going to look up to
March 22, 2012, 9:01 pm
Marie from Jamaica says:
I didn't know him personally but I live in his hood. I hate when people say" he is in a better place" cause he is not. He is dead. That comment makes no sense. Too young to go and so sad to be gone. Rip young child.
March 24, 2012, 7:12 pm
Bully from Jamaica queens says:
The good does die young miss you homie rest in peace darryl
May 27, 2012, 10:44 pm
none of yours from NY says:
Nobody was saying anything when he was on that corner in the projects doing who knows what. Another Trayvon case, except this one is black on black. Unreal!!
July 20, 2013, 5:22 am
ty from southside 40 says:
r.i.p Darryl. loved never forgotten.
Sept. 12, 2013, 10:54 pm
Arica from southside says:
R.I.P Darryl always miss but never forgotten
Oct. 28, 2013, 5:33 pm