Pols must back weapon control

The shooting massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., was a senseless tragedy that could have been avoided.

My condolences goes out to the families who lost their children and the adults who lost their lives. How many more people have to die before elected officials start doing their jobs and put a stop to people being able to purchase these types of guns?

Virginia Tech, Columbine, the Colorado movie theater, the Sikh temple, the Oregon mall — how many more need to die before everyone starts to wake up and say enough is enough?

When is this madness going to stop? Stop talking about it and start doing something about it. Actions speak louder than words.

Now is the time to start changing gun laws.

Paul Priore

Flushing

Arlene Philomena from Bayside says:
A similar letter to Mr. Priore's appears in the Bayside Times by Mr. Nicholas Zizelis. Despite the typical negative comments from some of the gunaholic readers in the feedback, it is encouraging that common sense seems to be coming to the fore. ended to appear radically stupid. Good work Lou. Keep them whining.
Jan. 4, 2013, 6:12 pm
Lou from Bayside says:
Priore, bet you dont know the Oregon shooting was stopped because the gunman was confronted by a 22 year old that had a legal carry permit. When the gunman saw the others gun he put his gun to his head and killed himself. You dont know about it because the left wing media didnt report it. When fiends like Bloomberg are around and the Department of Homeland security has purchased 2 billion rounds of hollow point bullets for internal use, I fell better knowing my fellow citizens are armed and are armed with so called assault rifles! You are an ignorant boob!
Jan. 5, 2013, 7:08 am
Zack from Pal says:
Dear Mr. Priore, Why does anyone humor this clueless clown. This is a comment I submitted to another queens ledger oulet relative to this (to quote his own term) BOOB, applies to your letter as well:

Mr.Chimenti, Pay no mind to this Lou clown. In last week's Bayside Times he did a similar incoherent rant on a letter of identical sentiment to yours by a Mr. Zizelis. I hope you both and those of like conviction continue to speak out against unregulated firearm sales and ownership. Gunaholics, the infamous NRA and their Lobbyists combined with a unlimited bribery fund are a tough gang to beat. And then there are the Lou quack claques.
Jan. 6, 2013, 7:37 pm
Paul Priore says:
Dear. Zak from Pal:
Thank You for your support.
At leaste we know that their are still some sane people out there unlike this Lou Character.
Sincerely,
Paul Priore
Feb. 8, 2013, 12:48 am
Paul Priore says:
Re: Gays in the Cub Scouts/ Boy scouts of America:

That would be a very asinine, stupid thing to do.
I strongly disapprove of gays being allowed in the cub scouts and boy scouts.
As an openly gay man, I feel that would be very wrong, most gay men are perverts and would seduce those young kids in to sex acts.
I see this type of behavior almost on a daily basis, and it doesn’t seem to bother older gay guys that they are wrong when they seduce young kids, the older gay guys refer to young underage kids as chicken, it’s like putting a feather in your cap and looks so great with their fellow peers, look at what the Catholic priest have done to young kids and then make your own judgment.
These are my own personal opinions and beliefs from seeing this in my everyday life.
Thank You.
Sincerely,
Paul Priore
Feb. 8, 2013, 12:49 am
Paul Priore from New Yor says:
March 17, 2013
Re: Your constant betrayal to me
And to the gay community for
For your support to the Yankees
Organization for attempting to
Rape and sodomy in 17 years ago:

Hon. Christine C. Quinn
224 West Street #1206
New York, NY 10001

Hon. Christine C. Quinn
250 Broadway #1856
New York, NY 10007

Dear. Hon: Council speaker Christine Quinn:
I am taken this opportunity to express my displeasure with you for your support for the New York Yankees Organization and for your continued betrayal to me and other members of the gay community.
I would like a straight forward answer from you as to why you would even consider showing your support for an organization and its players who have attempted to rape and sodomy me 17 years ago.
What were you thinking of?
You and Tom Duane both have betrayed me when my case was made public back then and you both promised to help me and support me which of course both of you did nothing but make a bunch of empty promises and let me down.
You claim to support the gay community and stamp out discrimination of any kind, but that seems to only apply when it serves your own purposes and personal agenda
I will not standby and support any candidate that openly outright lies to me and others and who continues to be a lying, two faced hypocrite.
I don’t support flip floppers, that is why I intend to show my support for your rival Public Advocate Bill De Blasio, at least he stands by his principals and doesn’t support anyone who discriminate against anyone.
I also am letting you know that I will do everything to my power to inform every member of the voting public not to support you or even vote for you until you do the right thing and change your warped way of thinking.
You can’t say one thing and turnaround and do another.
I am very disappointed with you and I really truly hope you can live with yourself.
Thanks for nothing.
I will do everything I can to ensure that you lose the election.
Enjoy your down fall, I know I will.
Sincerely,
Paul Priore
(Community Activist)

March 20, 2013, 2:44 am
Paul from Queens NY says:
OP-ED: Re: Soccer team stadium in Flushing Meadows Corona Park:
To all concerned regarding building a soccer stadium in Flushing Meadows Corona Park:
I have always been in support of having a soccer team and soccer stadium in Flushing Meadows Corona Park because I strongly believe it will have a strong economic impact and support many jobs for residents of Queens, although I still support a soccer stadium being built in the park, I have a very serious problem with the Manchester City team ownership.
I understand that many people believe that the prince owner of the Manchester City comes from a country that is known to be very discriminatory against women, gays and so on, I don’t have any documented proof of that but I do know for a fact that their recent partnership with the New York Yankees do have a history of being very racist and anti-gay, this I know for a fact due to my own personal experience being discriminated against by the Yankees organization and several of their players while I was still employed there several years ago , I was also sexually harassed, attempted to be raped and sodomized by Yankees players as well as a former 15 year old batboy.
I ended up bring a lawsuit against the Yankees and underestimated their reach within the court system and how they have no moral, scruples and no conscience whatsoever, they went as far as to commit perjury , conspired, committed fraud and other such things to prevent me from having my day in court to expose the real truth about the inner workings of the Yankees organization, they even went as far as to falsely accuse me and my father of stealing Yankees supplies, but what they failed to mention was that the stuff that both my father and I were accused of stealing were in fact the stuff that both my father and I paid for out of our own pockets, s how can we be accused of stealing our own stuff.
With the borough of Queens being the most diverse part of New York City and is resident to all kinds of diverse groups of people, the people of Queens and all the elected officials who constantly preaches about putting a stop to all forms of discrimination should be equally outraged and discussed with the fact that a former employer known as the New York Yankees who were accused of being anti-gay and how my case was never giving the opportunity to be proven or otherwise because the New York Yankees and the elder Steinbrenner was very afraid of me going to court, because they know I was a credible witness and had proof and still have proof to this day that I wasn’t giving the opportunity to produce, justice was denied , but sooner or later the truth always has a way of coming out and will be brought out.
Until then I will continue to do everything in my power to continue to be very vocal on my opposition from allowing a discrimitory company known as the New York Yankees from being allowed to have a soccer team in my borough of Queens and everyone else should also be equal outraged by the Yankees being allowed to achieve their goal.
The Community of Queens and the people for Flushing Meadows Corona Park and all elected officials who denounce all forms of discrimination should first thoroughly screen and investigate any potential ownership to ensure that they have never been accused of or come from a country that discriminates against anyone before they allow any company to do business with the city and state of New York.
I have always maintained what I have always said about what has happened to me as a result of what the Yankees players did to me and how the Yankees organization covered up the truth, you don’t have to take my word for it, just check out my case against file against the New York Yankees by going on Google.com and typing Priore VS. New York Yankees for details.
Please everyone; don’t allow any company that discriminates is allowed to do any business in your borough, community or neighborhood.
Thank You.
Sincerely,
Paul Priore
(Ex-NY Yankees employee and community activist.)
May 26, 2013, 1:12 pm
Paul Priore from Flushing, Queens, New York says:
Re: The George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case:
The Jury found George Zimmerman not guilty.
The court sequestered different people to be on the jury.
Some who were mothers and some were black and still they found George Zimmerman not guilty, does that make them racists?
We’ve elected a two termed African American president who like other elected officials pledged to make change and treat everyone equally, but despite the fact that George Zimmerman was found to be not guilty, this president like all the other elected officials decided to condemn and brand George Zimmerman guilty and a racist without any provable evidence to suggest otherwise.
I get a little tired of people interjecting race on behalf of George Zimmerman and others like him, I watched the trial and I didn’t read or hear him make any racial empathies towards Trayvon Martin, but I did hear that Trayvon Martin was the one who called him a creepy Cracker, why isn’t anyone saying anything about that during these protests.
It was a tragedy for both of them and their families, one died and the others life has been completely authored forever.
If Trayvon Martin would’ve been the one shot and killed George Zimmerman, does anyone really believe there would’ve been a trial and rally and protests, I think not.
It was a case of right and wrong, not racism, when the jury rendered their decision to acquit George Zimmerman.
George Zimmerman was the ones with all the bruises and injuries, not Trayvon Martin.
I get tired of the African American community always using racism as an excuse, I get along with lots of Black people and I have some relatives who are black, I even had sexual relations with Black people, not all Black people are bad people, but there are some who outnumber the good ones, every race has good and bad people, but all these race baiters like the Al Sharpton’s, Jesse Jackson’s and the Louis Farrakhan’s always are the ones who cause the racial uproars, when it has nothing to do with race at all, enough is enough.
All these race baiters should be ashamed of their selves for their disgusting and despicable behavior by exploiting the tragic death of this young man.
With all the time and energy being put in to all these rallies and protests, you all should be working on race relations and to make sure that no one goes through this type of death again in the near future.
You can’t blame some people who are fearful of black people, because the bad ones are always looking and causing trouble, how many are in jail for various crimes compared to other groups of different race people.
Some women are fearful of having their pocketbooks stolen, or being raped, assaulted and even worse killed, so can anyone really blame any person from being cautious?
If Trayvon Martin was so afraid of George Zimmerman, then why did he pull his hooded over his head and walk away and then calls his girlfriend, why not called the police if you felt threatened.
In my opinion, the Black community needs to stop blaming everyone for all their ills and do something to improve their lives, there are great black roll models out there like Beyonce, Jay Z., Bill Bellamy, the late Sherman Helmsley, the late Sammy Davis, Jr., Wesley Snipes, Bill Cosby, Robin Roberts, the late Michael Jackson, the late Jackie Robison and many others, who could be out there , preaching to members of the black community to stay out of gangs, stop doing drugs, get themselves educated , get off the welfare rolls, get better jobs and make a better life for themselves and their families instead of blaming everyone for everything that happens to them.
Stop inciting racism for everything and start doing something positive to help everyone get along with one another.
Isn’t it racist when a black person uses derogatory language against another none black person?
I’m sorry if anyone is offended by my personal opinions and beliefs, but I am very honest.
Like the late Rodney King once said years ago, “Can’t we all just get along”, let’s all learn from this tragedy and learn to get along with all races of people and stop blaming everyone and claiming racism for everything.
Thank You.
Sincerely,
Paul Priore
July 23, 2013, 2:21 am
Paul Priore from Flushing, N.Y. says:
Flushing, New York 11358-1701

September 30, 2013

Hon. Christine C. Quinn
263 Ninth Avenue #3A
New York, NY 10001-6604

Re: Honoring Yankees pitcher Mariano Rivera

Dear Christine,

Just recently, there has been a lot of talk about renaming River Avenue in the Bronx to Rivera Avenue after Mariano Rivera.

As you know, local law does not permit that to happen for a living person.

As you may recall, back when I used to work for the New York Yankees organization, I was subjected to verbal anti-gay remarks. Furthermore, Mariano Rivera, Jeff Nelson, and Bob Wickman attempted to rape (with the narrow end of a baseball bat) and sodomize a 15-year-old batboy and me on separate occasions. This was one of the reasons which forced my hand to bring a lawsuit against the three named ballplayers and other members of the Yankees organization.

At the time, State law didn't protect gay people from discrimination, and the Yankees organization was able to get away with what individual players did to me and the 15-year-old batboy.

I have always maintained that what I said happened, actually happened, despite the fact that I didn’t prevail in court at the level of the First Appellate Division.

I live with the constant nightmares and horror of what had happened to me all those years ago. I haven't been able to move on, and let it drop, because those “animals” are still able to walk around the streets able to do it to someone again -- if they haven't already.

When my lawsuit became public, I discussed it with you and Senator Thomas Duane, and, also, with numerous other officials. Both you and Senator Duane said you would stand by me and support me. Unfortunately, both of you let me down, just as the others did.

I would very much appreciate your doing everything in your power to prevent the City of New York from ever honoring Mariano Rivera and others like him for what he did to me. In my opinion, it would be very wrong to honor someone like him who is anti-gay and who has a history of trying to rape and sodomize any human being, let alone a gay person. It sends out a bad message.

If Mariano Rivera is allowed to be honored, then what’s next -- honoring a murderer or a pedophile?
If you want to honor Yankees players, then why not consider someone like Don Mattingly or Willie Randolph? These are examples of good people who, to the best of my knowledge, have never been in trouble with the law.

There needs to be a thorough vetting system into people’s backgrounds to find out if they were ever found guilty of a crime and so on before they are considered to be honored with a street named after them (or any other honors).

It would crush me if Mariano Rivera is honored in light of the fact that he attacked the 15-year-old batboy and me.

Mariano Rivera thinks that now since he has found God and that he is an ordained minister that it changes all the bad things he has done to people like me. The reality is -- it doesn't. People like me live with the pain that people like him have inflicted on us.

There are obvious parallels between my story and the history of the church in covering up for sexual misconduct by priests or the Boy Scouts in covering up for sexual misconduct by scoutmasters.

Please, I am pleading with you not to honor him. I understand from reading news stories about you that you went through things similar to those I had gone through. It should be easy for you to show your human side and help me with my request.

Back when you first started out, way before you ran for elected office, you were an advocate for people such as me. You stood by those who didn't have a voice and who were indeed abused. I would like to see the old Christine Quinn back.

In my opinion, you lost the election to become the first female gay Mayor of New York City because you had forgotten where you came from, and left the gay people behind. This would be your chance to do something great and make amends.

I hope that you will truly and sincerely grant my request not to honor Mariano Rivera.

I have spoken to your colleague, Danny Dromm. You are aware that I have known him for many years. He knows my feelings on this issue all to well.

I look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

September 30, 2013

Hon. Christine C. Quinn
263 Ninth Avenue #3A
New York, NY 10001-6604

Re: Honoring Yankees pitcher Mariano Rivera

Dear Christine,

As you know, local law does not permit that to happen for a living person.

I look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,