Man arrested in Bell Blvd bar stabbing: NYPD

A man was stabbed at Bayside's Safari Beach Club early Friday morning, according to the NYPD.

Police arrested a Whitestone man in Friday’s knife attack at a Bell Boulevard bar, the NYPD said.

The Police Department said Curtis Ward, 29, of Whitestone, was charged with attempted murder and three counts of assault.

Officers said a verbal dispute inside Safari Beach Club, at 40-05 Bell Blvd., grew physical shortly after 1 a.m. Friday.

Ward allegedly slashed another bar patron across the throat and then stabbed him in the torso, according to police.

The victim was taken to New York Hospital Queens and listed in critical condition, police said.

Reach reporter Sarina Trangle at 718-260-4546 or by e-mail at stran‌gle@c‌ngloc‌al.com.

cheeze from bayside says:
Hooebthatbdude gets better soon...btwvim guessing this is the first post of many
Aug. 24, 4:35 pm
cheeze from bayside says:
Stupid phone **hope that dude gets better soon **
Aug. 24, 4:36 pm
nunyabizness from queens says:
I know both people involved, the one arrested happens to be a good person would help anyone in any trouble, mental illness runs in his family unfortunately and had to been the cause of this because this is out of his character...the other one who was stabbed is known for not being a good person and stabbed someone himself and went away to jail for it, i don't wish that on anyone but karmas a —— tho, hope he recovers soon and hope my friend is doing ok while locked up
Aug. 24, 6:13 pm
andres from bayside says:
I just hope the man lives. Pointing out that he might not be a desirable person with a questionable past is both stupid and irresponsible.
The man who was arrested for this, might have been a saint his whole life, but reality is he nearly killed another human being for reasons unknown to us. I am also very close to this situation and know that this supposed saint was being abusive to his female acquaintance before the stabbing happened.
Sorry if I came off as angry but making a person who nearly killed a man sound like a good person just rubs me the wrong way.
lets just remember who the victim is here and not focus on what he allegedly did in the past.
Aug. 24, 11:22 pm
Average Joe from Nyc says:
Tell it to to the judge. He wanna stab people. Now he can go on a free bus ride to upstate prison and play all day with the big boys. And you know what they all have mental illness. He'll fit right in!
Aug. 24, 11:31 pm
Zu from Queens says:
The kid that was aressted got exactly what he deserved an will now stay in prison where he belongs. People like that don't belong on the street.
Aug. 24, 11:33 pm
Angie from You already know says:
nunyabizness......you know them like I do contact me.
Aug. 25, 12:09 am
Broke from Flushing says:
James from bayside he's where he belongs kids a loser. Have fun collecting money
Aug. 25, 12:21 am
UdoNtkNoMe from the streets says:
LONG LIVE KING PATRON......Boner Jam!!
Aug. 25, 12:33 am
Stephiexo from Little neck says:
Curtis is not the man at all lol
Aug. 25, 12:34 am
UdoNtkNoMe from the streets says:
James... u and curtis can b butt buddy's ...u dont kno —— about the situation
Aug. 25, 12:37 am
James from Bayside says:
Bunch a herbs. Real MF's cant live on the streets no more. Everybodys going away. Times have changed. IF your a G....stay indoors!
Aug. 25, 12:43 am
James from Bayside says:
Ur def not a g lol g's don't roll wit loser mental patients smh the man that's a joke
Aug. 25, 12:47 am
RULER from NYC says:
ok james ..school is about start in a few weeks u should start goin to zzz...you wont b acting the same way when your so called "friend" is tryin to end your life.
Aug. 25, 1:06 am
James from Bayside says:
Herb bloggers lol cant believe im getting into blog beef. Yall dont know me. Should have never comented. FREE CURTIS!!
Aug. 25, 1:14 am
Brian from Flushing says:
All you guys are commenting on ppl you probably don't kno. Real immature. One person is probably gonna do a lot of time an the other one might die. You people are going back an forth on a bs newspaper blog when this is a serious situation.
Aug. 25, 1:21 am
Drew from Queens says:
LOL at all the wanna be gangsters.
Aug. 25, 7:48 am
Angie from You already know says:
Do yourself a keep your mouth shut bc if your who I think you are, your just as foul and snake as the the person who did this.....dont front.
Aug. 25, 8:05 am
Angie from You already know says:
This is all disgusting and your all probably speaking on a situation you know nothing about.
Aug. 25, 8:10 am
Ant from Queens says:
Have fun In jail lol
Aug. 25, 8:17 am
Angie says:
While you raise money for his bail, save some for his funeral too.
Aug. 25, 8:19 am
Bricks says says:
You should be cell mates with the stabbed then
Aug. 25, 9:07 am
Bricks says says:
Stabber
Aug. 25, 9:07 am
Out of the Hood from Whitestone says:
great to see Bayside/Whitestone still churning out mental midgets left and right...
Aug. 25, 9:28 am
people need to educated themselves on the situat from long island says:
I have known these two guys for about 13 years...i dont knwo what the people here are talking about that curtis has always been a good guy and this is out of character...he has always been aggressive and violent since were 15/16 years old...ive seen him crack a vodka bottle over his friends face in front of a bar...always the cause of bar brawls..and in the past few months he has become extremely bizarre and out of touch with reality...i know a girl that was bartending that wound up being the only person to help rule...and he didn't even do anything to instigate this...curtis is a maniac and i hope they throw the book at him..always liked curtis regardless of his issues..but come on...a person that can slash their friends throat doesn't belong in society..he deserves everything he gets
Aug. 25, 11:42 am
Notreally from Not trashy like bayside says:
Yea real good kid.brings a knife to a bar.lol .have fun on the island .dont drop that soap . Love how people need weApons to fight .wont last a day in south Bronx . Just Gota laugh at these jokers
Aug. 25, 12:29 pm
Anonymous from Long Island says:
I have also known these two individuals for several years. I have been friends with Curtis since elementary school. The bottom line is that this is a tragedy for both parties involved. I don’t understand the point of slandering anyone’s character especially on a social website. Those of us that know both of them , know very well that both battle with their own demons. Though I can not understand or rationalize how this could have happened , let us just remember that both their lives and the people who care for them , have been effected by this act.
Aug. 25, 12:47 pm
StMary from Queens says:
I went to high school with Curtis he's a herb and always was, he needs attention and just wants people to think he TOUGH. ha what a loser. I seen him get punked and beat up more then once , have fun upstate Ward
Aug. 25, 12:49 pm
Anonymous from longisland says:
Agreed ^ StMary. Maybe all these years of curtis pretending to be crazy so people will pay attention to him he finally snapped LOL
Aug. 25, 12:55 pm
Jenny from Long Island says:
omg I knew Curtis he was always the weirdo guy at the bar everyone avoided ewww
Aug. 25, 12:59 pm
anyone from long island says:
No one should lol at any of this. or joke around. Two lives have essentially been ruined. and as someone who has known Curtis practically my whole life, it's a real shame that this has happened and it's sad. I believe Curtis suffers from some sort of mental illness and it's not a joke. it's clearly very real and clearly very dangerous. no one got what they deserved. no one gets a happy outcome at the end of this story. it's tragic.
Aug. 25, 1:36 pm
StMary from Queens says:
Curtis suffers from "please everyone pay attention to me" disorder give me a break a person that slices his friends throat is a straight up dirt bag and should be locked up for along time. grow up sometimes people are just bad seads dont blame this on a disorder to try and get people to feel bad for him thats despicable
Aug. 25, 1:40 pm
blankman from Whitestone says:
Maybe he was crazy because he was suppressing his homosexuality , Johnny? If so he needs to come out with it and possibly seek consuling
Aug. 25, 2:08 pm
lock em away from queens says:
Ever since Geraldo Rivera did his expose of Willowbrook, where handicapped children were warehoused, people who should be locked up are allowed to roam the streets, stabbing people, pushing people in front of subway trains, etc. It is time to admit this was a mistake and start locking up those who are a danger to society instead of just those who are a danger to themselves.
Aug. 25, 2:34 pm
Sum Ting Wong from Flushing says:
Curtis Ward is master in the art of martial science. I teach him and now he UFC fighter. He rery mean fighter. he master with Num chucks
Aug. 25, 2:53 pm
douchey from whitestone says:
Why wont they say the victims name
Aug. 25, 6:11 pm
Y u so concerned says:
I think it's wack that all u losers r even so concerned. Ones gonna die the others in jail u guys t wastin ur time over two losers
Aug. 25, 7:04 pm
Jerek Deter from South Whitestone says:
These comments are whack!!
Aug. 25, 8:23 pm
childhood friend from queens says:
I know the man who got stabbed. He is in stable condition. For those of you our there who care. Real tuff mma fighter brings a knife out. I feel for both of there families may God be with them in there times of sorrow. Life is precious enjoy it.
Aug. 25, 9:01 pm
Ben Dover from bronx says:
Whatever happened to using your hands ?? Unless of course you dont know how to use them. Hope that female was worth it.
Aug. 26, 6:12 pm
Ted I from Queens says:
That kid with the knife what a clown. Goin up behind a man. He wasn't bein tough he wanted to touch his zds
Aug. 26, 10:34 pm
rob from bayside from bayside says:
I live a few blocks away, this makes me sick. Why did this happen? Was it over a girl? If yes, no girl is worth it. No offense ladies.
Aug. 27, 1:46 pm
CW from Bellrose says:
I know the kid who was charged and he's a piece of garbage. Always has been. Not surprised in the least
Aug. 29, 8:01 pm
Andrew Foss from Bayside says:
I didn't see nuthin I was home smoking crack
Aug. 29, 9:15 pm
Pete Dawg from Whitestone says:
������ ������ ���������� infront of all those patrons no less .hes the reason cops be circling around all hard pulling over any car passing by and harasing everyone wasting tax funds and ruining the fun. Have a great time in jail jerk off loser. U trash —— and the whore that raised you.
Aug. 31, 8:56 pm
Benny Blanco from Hells Kitchen says:
Just another Irish gangster from Nassau County
Sept. 1, 11:03 pm
John from Queens says:
You mean wanna be gangster.
Sept. 3, 12:51 pm
Dion from NY says:
Not wanna be, Word on the street in queens is that Curtis Ward is an alleged member of the Westies Irish mob
Sept. 5, 8:28 am
LOL from NYC says:
Everyone on Bell is a wanna be gangster that listens to too much rap music.
Sept. 6, 12:03 am
Jose from flushing from flushing says:
Take a cab on bell guys. Don't drink and drive.
Sept. 6, 12:47 am
richie zombie from bayside says:
your all dopes
Oct. 3, 10:49 am
ryan from long island says:
Nobody cares about hockey boomer
Oct. 4, 2:11 pm
Joe from Queens says:
^^ too soon
Oct. 4, 6:11 pm
BigDaddyKane from Daves House says:
I hear crazy Curtis Ward is now the official leader of the every gang in rikers island he is also a undercover secret agent with a little boner
Oct. 10, 5:24 pm
Joe idaho from Queens says:
There is,one bouncer on bell Blvd. He works at different bars,up there. He's aways rude . Jacked up on steroids. Highly aggressive . He ounce threatened to punch me in the back of the head. Priceless . This steroid user is always good for a laugh at he expense. Good look as you attempt to punch in the back of the head . I will turn around an get u. Grow some manners better men then u have tried to hurt me . I don't feel pain like most people. I enjoy it . In battle I feel no pain. 6 year of abuse in foster homes taught me that I really don't like being bullies
Nov. 23, 5:09 pm
Joe idaho from Queens says:
I hope that bouncer chokes on his thanks giving diner
Nov. 23, 5:17 pm